Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100ps:Reprofile with new GE setting?  (Read 2436 times)

walter.sk

Z3100ps:Reprofile with new GE setting?
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:48:33 am »

I successfully profiled the Epson Premium Luster 260 using HP Professional Satin/Luster as the base paper after changing the parameters to Thick, and 80% for the ink limiting.

I'm not thrilled with the Gloss on the results and would like to use the paper with GE off.
However, I can't find anywhere where I can turn the GE off, as it is grayed out.  I assume that the profile forces GE on.

Do I have to recalibrate and reprofile the paper, and do I have to select a base paper that has GE off, or can I stay with the HP Professional Satin and tell the profiler to leave off the GE?

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:43:36 am »

I'm not familiar with how the ps model works but on my base z3100 it automatically creates profiles for GE on and GE off.  Look to see if there is a profile without GE on your computer.
Regards,
Ron

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:33:26 pm »

I'm not familiar with how the ps model works but on my base z3100 it automatically creates profiles for GE on and GE off.  Look to see if there is a profile without GE on your computer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153088\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I couln't locate a non-GE profile.  Howeer, I found that I was able to select GE Off in the Custom Paper/Quality window.  I printed two versions of the image, one with and one without GE, and don't see a heck of a lot of difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up