Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Donations for Community Photography Projects  (Read 1759 times)

NoahJackson

Donations for Community Photography Projects
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:11:30 am »

Greetings from a longtime reader of LL,

I'm currently working on a book of images of forest communities in Borneo.  A part of my project involves giving individuals I work with film and digital cameras so they can document their lives.  I'm particularly interested in cameras 3 megapixels and greater, enough for a images to appear in both books and an exhibit.

My project is backed by a support from a US Fulbright grant and the University of Malaysia-Sarawak.  I'm happy to provide donors tax deductible receipts as well as a copy of my published book at the end of the project, which, with luck will be in early fall of 2008.

I currently have about 20 cameras donated in addition to about $400 in donated funds.  Cash donations have been used to purchase batteries for cameras, film, receive discounted flashcards, and to purchase some cases.

Since I will be working in various communities, I could use about a dozen more cameras.  Additional cash donations will be used to make prints to give back to individuals--- costs that my Fulbright doesn't cover.  

A friend from the US is coming to visit in late December.  Donations may be mailed to:

Noah Jackson
Walking with Borneo
12816 Denmark Ave
Apple Valley MN 55124

Thanks much,
Noah

Noah Jackson
jackson.noah@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up