Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Profile Setting for Enhanced Matt  (Read 4116 times)

namartinnz

Z3100 Profile Setting for Enhanced Matt
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:23:17 pm »

I just did a print for a customer on Enhanced Matt with my Z3100 and thought I could make a better profile. I had profiled it with the general setting of Matte paper. I read a post regarding using Hannemuhle settings. Anyone have an opinion on the best setting to use?

Neal

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:43:37 pm »

I just did a print for a customer on Enhanced Matt with my Z3100 and thought I could make a better profile. I had profiled it with the general setting of Matte paper. I read a post regarding using Hannemuhle settings. Anyone have an opinion on the best setting to use?

Neal
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neal,

I'd suggest trying "HP Matte Litho-Realistic" paper type to build the profile with.  The base matte paper will provide uninspired reds.

If that doesn't get you where you want then try the "HP Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art" paper type.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:44:36 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:52:59 pm »

Anyone have an opinion on the best setting to use?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Neal,
 I don't know if Enhanced matte is the same as Epson archival Matte (- Holland).

For the latter I came out with fine art paper ( <250gr)

on matte paper (less ink) I had no dark colours and using more ink : Super Heavy coated paper- I found no improvement.
succes!
Kers
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:44:10 pm »

Hello Neal,
 I don't know if Enhanced matte is the same as Epson archival Matte (- Holland).

For the latter I came out with fine art paper ( <250gr)

on matte paper (less ink) I had no dark colours and using more ink : Super Heavy coated paper- I found no improvement.
succes!
Kers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151190\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Ron and Kers for the help - Enhance Matte is Archival Matte - I think it has a new name too. I have the problem with no dark colours, so will try all these profile settings.

Neal

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:00:58 pm »

Thanks Ron and Kers for the help - Enhance Matte is Archival Matte - I think it has a new name too. I have the problem with no dark colours, so will try all these profile settings.

Neal
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm.... in the U.S. the new name for Epson Enhanced Matte is Ultra Premium Presentation Paper - Matte.  It says so on the packaging.
Regards,
Ron

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:42 pm »

I'd suggest trying "HP Matte Litho-Realistic" paper type to build the profile with.  The base matte paper will provide uninspired reds.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151125\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ron,

Since I believe you use both Epson Enhanced Matte and HP Matte Litho-Realistic, and you are saying here that you use the HP Matte Litho-Realistic paper type for both... does that mean that each time you change from one to the other that you re-calibrate (my understanding was that was true for 5.0.0.4, is it still true with 6.0.0.8)? I really need to try the Litho paper... the only drawback if it works well is that it comes only in rolls (and the fact that I have a large amount of EEM around). I see someone (probably you) posted a APS .8 Litho profile in the Wiki. Would you also be able to post an APS .8 EEM profile on the Litho paper type? Also, are the reds a bit better on the Litho than the EEM?

Thanks, Alan
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 12:13:50 pm by alanmcf »

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:38:59 pm »

Ron,

Since I believe you use both Epson Enhanced Matte and HP Matte Litho-Realistic, and you are saying here that you use the HP Matte Litho-Realistic paper type for both... does that mean that each time you change from one to the other that you re-calibrate (my understanding was that was true for 5.0.0.4, is it still true with 6.0.0.8)? I really need to try the Litho paper... the only drawback if it works well is that it comes only in rolls (and the fact that I have a large amount of EEM around). I see someone (probably you) posted a APS .8 Litho profile in the Wiki. Would you also be able to post an APS .8 EEM profile on the Litho paper type? Also, are the reds a bit better on the Litho than the EEM?

Thanks, Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Alan,

Yes, I posted the new APS profile for HP Matte Litho-Realistic on the wiki.  I've still got a roll and cut sheets of EEM so I will create and post an APS profile for that using HP Litho as the paper type.  It was suggested to me by several people that using either HP Litho or HP HSFA paper types would produce better results than my previous EEM profile with matte paper.

The behavior of the 6.0.0.8 firmware and drivers is supposed to be different from the 5.0.0.4 but I've not tested it out yet in the circumstances you describe.

I sure wish HP would release the "Working with non-HP papers" doc for the new firmware.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 12:39:26 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

namartinnz

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 05:09:24 pm »

Wow! Ron, I tried the HP Litho Realistic profile setting -  what a huge improvement! I did  a photo of my red 300zx car and an art previously done for a customer. The reds are way redder - not orange like the old setting. The art print shows way better deeper blacks now and improved saturation. My Z3100 just got even better. Qudos to this forum and everyone sharing their hard earned knowledge.

Neal

rdonson

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:04:32 pm »

I'm glad it worked so well for you, Neal!

Alan, check the wiki - I uploaded an EEM APS TC9.18 profile for fmw 6.0.0.8 with Litho-Realistic paper type.  I'd like to get your feedback on it.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up