Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D Image Stabilisation Data  (Read 2443 times)

mikecookson

5D Image Stabilisation Data
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:11:42 pm »

Hi

I'm using a 5D with 24-105L.  Is it possible to display whether image stabilisation was switched on or off when an image was taken? Zoombrowser 5.5 which ships with the camera has an option within preferences/shooting information called "image stabilizer" but it doesn't seem to actually display this field whether the stabilizer is either on or off.  Lightroom and CS3 don't seem to offer any option to display this information.  Can anybody advise whether this information is actually captured and if so how I can access it?

Many thanks

Dinarius

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:50:57 pm »

Mike,

This is a bit off topic, but......

I use a 5D. It is permanently on a tripod in my line of work. And I *always* use the mirror-up function. (Custom Function 12).

This must be used in conjunction with the self-timer. When it is, on pressing the shutter, the mirror is raised and two seconds later the shutter fires.

This avoids all "mirror slap" and noticeably improves resolution at critical magnifications.

An indispensible feature on this fabulous camera.

If you shoot things that are standing still, you should use it.

Apologies if you already know about this and it's of no use to you anyway!  

D.

Raoul

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

Try exiftool on one of your files. It shows known and unknown exif tags. You can get it from http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
Pages: [1]   Go Up