Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDN $ pricing  (Read 14113 times)

treilanin

Re: CDN $ pricing
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 02:30:44 pm »

I can't speak for Henry's, but I have known Vistek to match prices with B&H and Adorama.  However this is an informal policy so your mileage may vary.  When I asked about price matching an EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro to Aden Camera, they said they usually will price match as long as the difference is with reason and their margin room.  So if the price difference is about $100-200 I would definitely say check with them before buying online.

i2lens

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 05:46:37 pm »

I have made several large purchases from the USA, B&H and MPEX.  Prior to each purchase, I've gone into Vistek with my shopping list and ask for their most competitive quote.  I then try to negotiate some additional relief as I wish to keep my dollars in Canadian hands.  But the pricing simply does not match.

For example, I purchased some Elinchrom lighting and accessories about 2 years ago.  Vistek was about $7500 and B&H was just over $5000 for the exact same products.  After shipping, brokerage and taxes, I save well over $1,000.  I can not justify giving away $1,000 for no real value in return. Especially, when Vistek is the distributor for Elinchrom in Canada.

I do purchase a lot of things from Vistek such as paper, inks, etc.  I purchased my Epson 7880 and 3800 printers from them a while back and paid the premium as the shipping would have cost me a fortune.  But Vistek (and Henry's) has to adjust their pricing or at least put pressure on their suppliers to adjust pricing to match the current fx rate.  Or better yet, sell their products in $US currency, but that would be treason, i'm sure.

cntangcn

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 10:05:32 pm »

I just got my RS-80N3 remote from US two days before. and yes I bought my 5DII from US online last year.

the RS-80N3 in B&H is 46, plus hst, plus shipping, it's 61.

in Aden, the lowest price i can find in Canada so far, is 94.

I am paying the tax to my country so i feel nothing wrong.

Those local retailers, sorry i guess you dont care these deals and you dont care my business
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up