Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Firmware TR12-TR_06_00_00-8 is out  (Read 26251 times)

rdonson

Z3100 Firmware TR12-TR_06_00_00-8 is out
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2007, 06:39:52 am »

Thanks, Ron, but all I see at that link is the 6.0.0.7 version. I cleared my cache, same result. Here's what I see:

http://www.ccltd.com/FirmwarePage.png

I get the same result with FireFox...maybe it's a Halloween thing :-). I'll try again tomorrow.

-Leroy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Leroy, it could be because I've been going after the base Z3100 and you're going for the Z3100ps GP.   That's the only reason I can see for not seeing 6.0.0.8
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2007, 06:41:20 am »

Just a question, is the latest firmware 6.0.0.8 identical with the first version posted at  26th of October? Here are the filesizes from the version from 26. Oct.:

zipped version, as seen in Windows Explorer:
TR12-TR_06_00_00-8_mvl31-x86-opt_B.EXE | 374.193 kb | 26th oct 2007

unzipped version:
TR12-TR_06_00_00-8_mvl31-x86-opt_B.fmw | 374.099 kb
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I couldn't see a difference between what I downloaded on the 26th and the 30th.  I did go with the firmware from the 30th though.  

I guess I'd have to run a CRC or something similar to note any differences between the two.
Regards,
Ron

casterle

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 09:57:32 am »

Just a question, is the latest firmware 6.0.0.8 identical with the first version posted at  26th of October? Here are the filesizes from the version from 26. Oct.:

zipped version, as seen in Windows Explorer:
TR12-TR_06_00_00-8_mvl31-x86-opt_B.EXE | 374.193 kb | 26th oct 2007

unzipped version:
TR12-TR_06_00_00-8_mvl31-x86-opt_B.fmw | 374.099 kb
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TR12-TR12PS_06_00_00-7_mvl40-x86-opt_B.EXE, dated 10/26/2007 is 339,215 KB, so your 6.0.0.8 version is indeed different.

Edit: I just saw Ron's post re: base version vs PS version. Note that I've got the PS version so I was comparing apples to oranges.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:06:31 am by casterle »

casterle

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2007, 10:03:19 am »

Leroy, it could be because I've been going after the base Z3100 and you're going for the Z3100ps GP.   That's the only reason I can see for not seeing 6.0.0.8
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Ron. That makes sense.

Now I'm wondering why the base version is about 35MB larger than the ps version. It might just be that there are still more paper profiles available for the base version than for the ps version.

-Leroy

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2007, 06:29:10 pm »

Too many Rons around these parts . . . I'm changing my name to Rahn.

Casterle-
The new, current firmware for the PS version of the printer is indeed TR12-TR12PS_6.0.0.7.  The other guy's firmware, for the non Postscript printer is the one that ends in "8".  I just confirmed this with tech support.

I thought I should mention a problem that I ran into with my Printer Utility after the upgrade.  For some reason, it did not show Manage Papers or Create and Install ICC Profile as options under the HP Color Center tab within the Printer Utility.  Instead of six items on the list, I only had three.  I also got intermittent, non functioning pop up windows with screwed up formatting for things like the Printer Queue and Printer Settings.

After a 90 minute phone call, three downloads, three installs on my own and three while on the phone with tech support, creating a new User Account on my computer and ample frustration, we finally hit on the problem.  There is a small button with a printer icon and arrow in the lower left corner of the Printer Utility main window.  When you click on it, it brings up a window called HP Printer Utility-Printer Selector.  The printer is already my default printer and it shows up selected in the selector window, but if you hit the Select button, the missing items show up in my Utility window.  The secondary popup window still show up garbled sometimes, but this routine fixes them at least for a while.  This is now a known issue (at least on a Mac, with the PS utility) and they are supposedly working on a fix.  Perhaps this will save someone some headache.

That's it for now,
Rahn
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2007, 09:19:26 pm »

I thought I should mention a problem that I ran into with my Printer Utility after the upgrade.  For some reason, it did not show Manage Papers or Create and Install ICC Profile as options under the HP Color Center tab within the Printer Utility.  Instead of six items on the list, I only had three.  I also got intermittent, non functioning pop up windows with screwed up formatting for things like the Printer Queue and Printer Settings.

After a 90 minute phone call, three downloads, three installs on my own and three while on the phone with tech support, creating a new User Account on my computer and ample frustration, we finally hit on the problem.  There is a small button with a printer icon and arrow in the lower left corner of the Printer Utility main window.  When you click on it, it brings up a window called HP Printer Utility-Printer Selector.  The printer is already my default printer and it shows up selected in the selector window, but if you hit the Select button, the missing items show up in my Utility window.  The secondary popup window still show up garbled sometimes, but this routine fixes them at least for a while.  This is now a known issue (at least on a Mac, with the PS utility) and they are supposedly working on a fix.  Perhaps this will save someone some headache.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150125\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Rahn,
I had a similar experience. Seems to be settled down now. I found the printer button also. In my case I have both the PCL3 and PS drivers installed, and for certain functions it appears that it treats each as a separate entity.

Another interesting item. I wasn't using IPv6 on our ethernet network, just IPv4. When I first installed the HP software driver, I first couldn't get the printer to appear. I thought I had a big problem, but I had the inspiration to turn on IPv6 in the Mac Network System Preference. Then the HP printer showed up in the HP Printer Monitor Software.

Becasue I now had the full set of buttons in the HP Printer Utility, I was able to select "Additional Settings" and then "Open Embedded Web Server," and then if you click the "Network" button near the top right, it brings up a tabbed interface. From there I was able to uncheck "Enable IPv6", and now things look a lot better to me.

One downside of having IPv6 enabled is that the network of the address of the printer is shown with the "IPv6 Address" and not the normal one in the range of addresses I'm used to seeing.

Does anyone know if I am loosing anything by simply using IPv4, instead of the newest variant? I'd love to know what I am missing.

Thanks in advance, and so long for now, TOM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up