Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Courthouse Creek for C&C  (Read 3859 times)

Jon Smith

Courthouse Creek for C&C
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:15:21 pm »

One of many from this past weekend's jaunt to the Balsam Mtns.  This particular image has been chosen to reside over a couch downstairs, I'd like to hear any comments or suggestions/ideas before putting the ink down.

My biggest bother is the blown-out portion at top/center.  Neglected to get the grad ND from the car before hiking upstream for the shot.  Any advise or tips to help blend it out w/ PP?  I'm self-taught with CS2, so anything more than curves on a layer mask is likely going to be gibberish to me.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:22:01 pm by Jon Smith »

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
Courthouse Creek for C&C
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:56 pm »

One of many from this past weekend's jaunt to the Balsam Mtns.  This particular image has been chosen to reside over a couch downstairs, I'd like to hear any comments or suggestions/ideas before putting the ink down.

My biggest bother is the blown-out portion at top/center.  Neglected to get the grad ND from the car before hiking upstream for the shot.  Any advise or tips to help blend it out w/ PP?  I'm self-taught with CS2, so anything more than curves on a layer mask is likely going to be gibberish to me. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried a quick and easy shadow/highlight and reduced the highlights and masked that layer and brushed in the reduced bothersome highlight area you mentioned.

Jon Smith

Courthouse Creek for C&C
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:16:11 pm »

I tried a quick and easy shadow/highlight and reduced the highlights and masked that layer and brushed in the reduced bothersome highlight area you mentioned.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Wolfman, it appears I was trying to make it more complicated than required.  Looks much better w/o the blow out.