Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter from Christian Poulsen Hasselblad  (Read 40568 times)

Graham Mitchell

Letter from Christian Poulsen Hasselblad
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 09:57:36 am »

5. It's the only functional MF solution your dealer can sell you these days if you need high flash sync.

Except the Rollei 6008 which has an even faster flash sync, and the Hy6 which is actually on the market now!

Bernd B.

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 12:02:11 pm »

I know three people that first bought Hasselblad backs only to dump them for Phase.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148009\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just bought a H3D yesterday. I will see, if I get along with it.

The AFD was no way because of the bad finder (even with the MF-screen).

The H3D is the only way to get a 28mm for me.

Why did the three people mentioned above sell their Hasselblads backs? When was this?Which models did they drop to replace it by which Phase product?  I hear a lot of good things on the older Imacon 22MP backs in this forum. There is at least one user who likes his CF39 back a lot.

Bernd

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 12:19:40 pm »

I just bought a H3D yesterday. I will see, if I get along with it.

The AFD was no way because of the bad finder (even with the MF-screen).

The H3D is the only way to get a 28mm for me.

Why did the three people mentioned above sell their Hasselblads backs? When was this?Which models did they drop to replace it by which Phase product?  I hear a lot of good things on the older Imacon 22MP backs in this forum. There is at least one user who likes his CF39 back a lot.

Bernd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bernd:

You have to take those kinds of posts with a grain of salt. I believe the poster is a Phase One user and is welcome to his opinion. I am actually getting calls from Phase One users since the announcement of the H3DII who are trying to sell their P+ backs to get into the H3DII. So, it's a 2 way street.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

hubell

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 12:28:47 pm »

Except the Rollei 6008 which has an even faster flash sync, and the Hy6 which is actually on the market now!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can understand why those who bought H series cameras and use non-Hasselblad backs on them would be teed off over Hasselblad's decision to discontinue the H2 and make new lenses(or at least some of them) non-functional except with an H3D, but I really don't understand why someone who does not even own an H series camera would spend so much time weighing in about Mr. Poulsen's letter, treating it as an opening for the insertion of more Sinar/Hy6 advertising copy. Moreover, how many days have you actually spent working with an H3D in the field?

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 12:41:38 pm »

but I really don't understand why someone who does not even own an H series camera would spend so much time weighing in about Mr. Poulsen's letter, ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you want to hear only the opinions of Hass users, then there should be a Hass forum somewhere.

As you can see from the responses, most people aren't buying the Hasselblad lies.

I don't think such marketing materials should have been copied and pasted into this forum in the first place, but once posted we are all entitled to post our comments.

Bernd B.

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 12:50:23 pm »

Bernd:

You have to take those kinds of posts with a grain of salt. I believe the poster is a Phase One user and is welcome to his opinion. I am actually getting calls from Phase One users since the announcement of the H3DII who are trying to sell their P+ backs to get into the H3DII. So, it's a 2 way street.

Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148127\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanx for the encouragement! Having paid twentysomethingthousand dollars makes you worry sometimes, especially as long as I don´t have the thing in my hands.

Bernd

hubell

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »

If you want to hear only the opinions of Hass users, then there should be a Hass forum somewhere.

As you can see from the responses, most people aren't buying the Hasselblad lies.

I don't think such marketing materials should have been copied and pasted into this forum in the first place, but once posted we are all entitled to post our comments.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148130\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Still no answer as to how many days you have actually spent working with an H3D in the field? Hmmm?  Of course, you don't own a Hy6 either, and that hasn't gotten in the way of you treating it like the Messiah for over a year now.

jbaxendell

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 01:08:59 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148130\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Graham

As a former user (V-series) I was sent the text in an email from Hasselblad. It struck me that it might be of interest to a wider audience. It appears I was right.

Regards
John

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:16:02 pm »

hcubell,

I don't get it: Graham has simply answered to a claim from Edmund, saying that the Hasselblad was the ONLY functional MF solution when you need high sync.

This is simply not true and as such can (should) be corrected without getting the remark of it being advertising. Don't you agree with this?

There is further no bashing or disrespect or whatsoever to this now famous "letter".

Best regards,
Thierry

..., but I really don't understand why someone who does not even own an H series camera would spend so much time weighing in about Mr. Poulsen's letter, treating it as an opening for the insertion of more Sinar/Hy6 advertising copy. Moreover, how many days have you actually spent working with an H3D in the field?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 01:18:24 pm »

I'm not sure if anyone has seen one, but Fuji has a GX645 AF.  It looks exactly like an H2, but
just has a darker finish.  

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 01:30:43 pm »

Hi Chris,

and PO is going to attach their backs and sell it in the US or in the rest of the world, now that the H2D is discontinued?

Is that what you mean with this?

Best regards,
Thierry

I'm not sure if anyone has seen one, but Fuji has a GX645 AF.  It looks exactly like an H2, but

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148141\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 01:34:45 pm »

I'm not sure if anyone has seen one, but Fuji has a GX645 AF.  It looks exactly like an H2, but

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148141\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

chris, how does the gx645 af look like with the different colored phase back on it? can you post a pic?
dark grey and black  is a lot better looking than the cheap looking h1.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 01:38:59 pm »

That is an option I have not heard that much. The Fuji is supposed to be the same camera as the H.

Is that thing easy to buy? I have never seen any for sale (besides once or so). Isn't it only sold in a very limited region? (that could change ofcourse)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 01:40:09 pm by Dustbak »

Bernd B.

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 01:45:23 pm »

That is an option I have not heard that much. The Fuji is supposed to be the same camera as the H.

Is that thing easy to buy? I have never seen any for sale (besides once or so). Isn't it only sold in a very limited region? (that could change ofcourse)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148150\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think fuji has contracted the japanese dealers in such a way that they are forebidden to sell a gx645 outside japan.

You´d have to travel there to get one.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 02:06:58 pm »

I think fuji has contracted the japanese dealers in such a way that they are forebidden to sell a gx645 outside japan.

You´d have to travel there to get one.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148154\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have heard that they were only available in certain regions, but I have seen some used ones pop up.

I'm currently on the road, but I'll see what I can do to post a pic.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

mattlap2

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 02:18:03 pm »

I have heard that they were only available in certain regions, but I have seen some used ones pop up.

I'm currently on the road, but I'll see what I can do to post a pic.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148160\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When the dollar was strong they were readily available via grey market channels

The original deal when Fuji and Hasselblad developed the H camera was that Fuji could not sell their version in the US for X number of years.   I believe that time frame expired because Fuji explored whether to import it into the US a few years ago.

I don't know the current level of cooperation between Fuji and Hasselblad and have heard their relationship is a bit strained to the point there was rumors of litigation.   Fuji was promised a certain number of film back sales which never materialized because of the acceleration of digital back sales.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 02:32:21 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148150\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The more pertinent issue (at least for USA customers) is that servicing for your camera would have to be done in Japan by Fuji.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

TechTalk

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 02:59:12 pm »

When the dollar was strong they were readily available via grey market channels

The original deal when Fuji and Hasselblad developed the H camera was that Fuji could not sell their version in the US for X number of years.   I believe that time frame expired because Fuji explored whether to import it into the US a few years ago.

I don't know the current level of cooperation between Fuji and Hasselblad and have heard their relationship is a bit strained to the point there was rumors of litigation.   Fuji was promised a certain number of film back sales which never materialized because of the acceleration of digital back sales.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148162\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Oh Boy! More juicy gossip. Gossip and rumors, they're so educational... and fun! Don't hold back Matt. Since you have inside knowledge of the "originall deal", tell us more! We're all anxious to hear the juicy details. We'd love to know what the X number of years is. And "H" owners can relax, now that you believe Fuji can start selling cameras outside of Japan. Whew! What a relief.

Strained relationships? Litigation rumors? Nice stuff! Maybe Britney Spears can be the spokesmodel when the Fuji camera is launched in the U.S. (between rehab visits of course).

Introduction, in the past year, of new products like the H3D, H3DII, H2F and infamous 28mm only give the illusion of a high level of cooperation. Come on, I bet your in touch with their divorce lawyers. Tell us please!

We already know that the price of film backs doubled because of low demand and production volume. We want more rumors!
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 03:26:44 pm »

Btw, the Hass V cameras often lock up. Hass H cameras also lock up (software issue?). Hass H 50-110mm zoom lenses have failed for many. Hasselblad is far from failure free. Maybe you've been lucky.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Graham,

Maybe you could team up with Matt and spread more rumors about how unreliable all of the Hasselblads have been over the last 50 years (V, H, all of it).

Sure, mechanical components will fail over time. Sure, firmware upgrades to fix bugs are common for electronic components. And sure, the internet is a huge amplifier and magnifying glass for anyone with a problem (people that are happy and satisfied tend not to post messages nearly as much as those that have a problem). And yes, no product is ever failure free. But the joy of spreading rumors is seldom equaled.

Though it will be a bit of a disappointment to see you join in this behavior, as I've enjoyed the thoughtful nature of so many of your posts–it is your right to do so.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

mattlap2

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 03:40:54 pm »

Oh Boy! More juicy gossip. Gossip and rumors, they're so educational... and fun! Don't hold back Matt. Since you have inside knowledge of the "originall deal", tell us more! We're all anxious to hear the juicy details. We'd love to know what the X number of years is. And "H" owners can relax, now that you believe Fuji can start selling cameras outside of Japan. Whew! What a relief.

Strained relationships? Litigation rumors? Nice stuff! Maybe Britney Spears can be the spokesmodel when the Fuji camera is launched in the U.S. (between rehab visits of course).

Introduction, in the past year, of new products like the H3D, H3DII, H2F and infamous 28mm only give the illusion of a high level of cooperation. Come on, I bet your in touch with their divorce lawyers. Tell us please!

We already know that the price of film backs doubled because of low demand and production volume. We want more rumors!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tech,

I was the manager of Helix Camera & Video's pro department for 10 years.    We used to bring the Fuji version of the H camera in grey market when the US dollar was much higher against the Yen.   At the time Fuji could not legally import the H camera into the country due to their agreement with Hasselblad.   2 years ago there was talk from Fuji reps that the Fuji version were going to be available from Fuji USA and then it went no further.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up