Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light Table  (Read 8633 times)

Goodlistener

• http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener
Light Table
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:46:15 pm »

OK guys & Gals, a Qustion for you all.  I just now discovered the light table feature in Aperture. My question is:  What is it there for, what use is it?

cheesehead

Light Table
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:24:10 pm »

OK guys & Gals, a Qustion for you all.  I just now discovered the light table feature in Aperture. My question is:  What is it there for, what use is it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146512\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The manual says color comparison and web page mock up.  
After your post I tried it and understand why you would question its advantage.  

Tim

Goodlistener

• http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener
Light Table
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:06:15 pm »

The manual says color comparison and web page mock up. 
After your post I tried it and understand why you would question its advantage.  

Tim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146757\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Cheese. Looks like not too many take ups on tis topic, but I had to ask.

pete_truman

• http://www.ifootpath.com
Light Table
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:54:10 pm »

I find it great for laying out a storyboard of images and getting a feel for which images work next to each other and relative sizes - but it simply doesn't work on a small screen in my view. I use it on a 23" monitor and that feels small when resizing and moving many images around.

I don't use it a lot, but then I do not often have a need to compose a story around a selection of images. I imagine that a photojournalist might use it extensively.
Pete Truman

ratz

Light Table
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 11:11:11 pm »

OK guys & Gals, a Qustion for you all.  I just now discovered the light table feature in Aperture. My question is:  What is it there for, what use is it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146512\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As a graphic designer/photographer it is great for figuring out which images will work for a project and even getting some ideas for layout. That is what it's there for so when a commercial photographer works with an art director they can try things and get ideas of what direction they want the shoot to go. It's mainly for artistic use. It's also for photographers to use for laying out photo books or other products for clients.

You can also make a book with one of the preset book designs and layout the book add add text. You can send to get these books printed. It has useful features also like viewing only the photos you haven't used in the filmstrip below the main view. That way when you grab a photo and add it to the layout it won't show in the filmstrip so you know which images you have used and which you haven't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up