Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is a Mark Tucker suddenly unregistred??  (Read 19436 times)

H1/A75 Guy

Why is a Mark Tucker suddenly unregistred??
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 10:41:12 am »

@H1/A75 guy,
I'm still lurking everyday,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I could feel you lurking. Hope your A22 is still working out for you. It was an A22 Demo class by a Leaf rep at my local retailer that convinced me 2 years ago I had to go to DMF. I still remember the detail of the model's suede vest and the skin tone. It never occurred to me to look at another system. A year later the same rep suggested I don't bother upgrading to an A75S if it wasn't absolutely necessary since the lossless files could not immediately be opened in LC10/11. Maybe someday Leaf will address the issue. I don't know what all the fuss is about with the H being a closed system. People see the glass as being half empty or half full. I think this is a great time to have an H with a third party back. I'm happy to have one. There are allot of options out there, but an H2F is not. Maybe we will all know more by this Thursday.

picnic

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 10:44:38 am »

is that so important to get unregistered? I do not understand. All one has to do is stopping to login and not longer posting.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only reason I can see is that your old posts may not be available to read--or not.  I'm just making an assumption.  

I'm not an MF person but I regularly read the MF forum at RG so do remember the brouhaha well.  I learned a lot--on several fronts--from reading it and was sorry to see it end as it did.  However, I continue to learn a lot here and these are by far my favorite forums.

Diane
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:46:45 am by picnic »

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 10:48:31 am »

is that so important to get unregistered? I do not understand. All one has to do is stopping to login and not longer posting.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only reason I can see is that your old posts may not be available to read--I assume. 

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146359\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I know, your posts only get deleted if your account is deleted and not if you stop login ever.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:51:59 am by Natasa Stojsic »
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

picnic

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 10:51:22 am »

As far as I know, your posts only get deleted if your account is deleted and not if you don't login ever.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146361\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would unregistering be the same as having your account deleted?

Diane

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 10:58:51 am »

Would unregistering be the same as having your account deleted?

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146364\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Considering recent events, obviously not.
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Ray

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 11:05:22 am »

I think what appears to happen when you become unregistered is that all your previous posts remain but there's an indication they are from an unregistered person. This does not prevent anyone reading the posts but makes it impossible to do a search by member name. To find the posts of an unregistered person, you would have to know the topic or key word(s).

picnic

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 11:09:50 am »

I think what appears to happen when you become unregistered is that all your previous posts remain but there's an indication they are from an unregistered person. This does not prevent anyone reading the posts but makes it impossible to do a search by member name. To find the posts of an unregistered person, you would have to know the topic or key word(s).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's what I thought Ray.  Though if you are searching for several particular members, you would probably have a good idea of topics.

Diane

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 12:16:06 pm »

I do have an opinion on Hasselblad vs Mamiya but that is more an economical and personal feel.

I LOVE both systems.
But the Mamiya 645AFD/II feels better in my hands and looks better build.
Also the pricing of glass is MUCH more interesting with the Mamiya, and the quality according to many sites is equal or gives the edge to Mamiya.

So I could upgrade for about 50% less than going with Hasselblad.
I have bought most of my lenses used between 150.00 (1.9 80mm) to 1000.00 (55-110)

When I wanted the same for Hasselblad it was app twice the ammount.

And I needed at least 5 lenses

blansky

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:24 pm »

When I spent a lot of time at APUG we had a few dust-ups and every month or so someone would be terribly offended and write a long dissertation telling the world what they thought of it, and then proceeded to "resign" their membership.

After a few of those, the moderator banned "long goodbys" and the poor injured party just disappeared in silence.

I guess that sending in your resignation papers is a form of protest over something but I've never understood what the point of it is. If you don't like drinking at that particular bar anymore, just don't go there.

As for Mark Tucker, I loved his comments and his work.

Michael

Ed Jack

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 09:42:31 am »

Thierry,

Good point. I have failed to understand why people ask to be deleted. All it does is remove their ability to post. There is no mail list or anything else of the sort that implies continued participation. All they need to do is just go away.

My only assumption is that it is some form of protest, though no one has had either the sense or the balls to let me know what the protest is about.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146344\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have not posted in a while... as a rule I only post to a thread if I can add something... but am often tempted if there is an on-going "joke" to join in on!

People asking to be removed smack's of attention seeking in my opinion. I think the Luminous landscape forum is great and as far as I am concerned it is a case of their loss not ours!

Let's not forget that this website is about subscribing to the excellant video journals and also using them as a topic for discusion about both photographhy AND gear. This makes the L-Landscape webpage unique in the experience if offers and also makes it much harder work for Michael to produce and administer than a striaght DPreview type of site (which mostly posts news and the odd review).

Do not be dishearted by some of the ego's here Michael, just look at the numbers logging on and NOT making "a big song and dance"... these figures speak lounder than any other and suspect that they continue to grow day by day!

Keep it up: and the same to all the rest of you experienced photographers and technicians who keep us lesser acolytes informed!

Ed
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:44:27 am by Ed Jack »

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 01:12:32 pm »

This is all very odd.  I've been making pictures and arranging studio space these past few weeks and too busy to hop and bop around on the forums.  Sad to see folks go, but it's certainly a right.  I got fed up with all the camera news myself and just went out to take a bunch of shots with the gear I have.  No surprise: lots of great shots without spending a dime except on gas and coffee.

Sometimes we do forget what it's about.  But taking a dirt nap from a forum?  Wierd.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up