Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is a Mark Tucker suddenly unregistred??  (Read 19437 times)

heinrichvoelkel

Why is a Mark Tucker suddenly unregistred??
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 06:14:57 pm »

The only upside to unregistering that I can think of is that it would give me more time to actually do photography.

But then I would also stop learning all the new tricks and good stuff I get on the LL forum. So I think I'll stay. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146205\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sad, this sudden exodus here on LL. Reminds me of the bad days at RG, without the hassle happening around it ( don't get me wrong, Michael, probably you understand anyway what I mean )
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:15:27 pm by heinrichvoelkel »

michael

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 07:28:30 pm »

I have no idea what's going on, or why, but people are free to do as they wish.

Michael
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:28:55 pm by michael »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 08:05:51 pm »

I have no idea what's going on, or why, but people are free to do as they wish.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Speaking of free....thanks a lot for hosting the forums, Michael.  I have really enjoyed my time here.
Rolleiflex USA

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 08:13:13 pm »

Sad, this sudden exodus here on LL. Reminds me of the bad days at RG, without the hassle happening around it ( don't get me wrong, Michael, probably you understand anyway what I mean )
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I really don't think that's fair, sorry. The RB fiasco was a huge, poorly run mess. That's not the case here, not by a long shot.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »

people are free to do as they wish.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Which is my thought, exactly. But to go to the trouble to un-register from a free forum such as this makes someone appear as somewhat of a wack-job, at least to me. I left Depreview because I finally found some sights that actually cater to what I'm interested in which is DMF. I didn't email Phil and say, "I'm leaving". Hell, I still look back there on occasion and I'm still learning! I don't hear much from Frank Door(whatever), maybe he's checked out (un-registered) but he didn't go thru all the drama to tell the world. Unless remaining registered is sucking up band-width, or the site is overloading you with junk email, why would you take the energy to bother un-registering?

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 10:02:47 pm »

I believe that Mark will be back before our tears will dry. Mark needs time out to get in touch with the artist that lives in him. All this tech talk just bores him. I have seen this many times before and I am certain that I will see it again. The Mark I know has a deep need to share his knowledge and wisdom with others. He will be back.
Andre

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 10:56:12 pm »

I believe that Mark will be back before our tears will dry. Mark needs time out to get in touch with the artist that lives in him. All this tech talk just bores him. I have seen this many times before and I am certain that I will see it again. The Mark I know has a deep need to share his knowledge and wisdom with others. He will be back.
Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146247\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I really hope he does come back!
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 03:01:52 am »

@H1/A75 guy,
I'm still here, but I'm very busy preparing for the LA workshops on the 27-28th.
I will not leave LL not one reason to do so.
I'm still lurking everyday, but not as active at the moment, but that will come

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:47 am »

I really hope he does come back!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well.... i am thinking also but in a  little bit longer term.
i saw the end of the RG(RobertGalbraight) forum, and you may think what you want about censorship and all the bad things which are said abour RG,- the mf forum was great and RG felt attacked by this Jesus treat and saw red i.m.o.  If someone would make the same chokes about the koran as it have been made in that treat it could bring tha author really in danger,- this does not mean that i did not laugh about the chokes and found RG`s reaction not adequate. But the things were cooking up and he lost control, loosing years of work i believe and we had lost a worthfull forum.i felt that MT( MarkTucker)  and JR ( JamesRussel) have been the main motors in the great exodus there which killed the RG forum,- if i remember well.

following some guys started some initiatives  to start a little private forum not to risc to be censored anymore by anyone and to stay quiet from "beginners", first tries didnt had much response, till MT and JR ( as known persons, maybe others too ) started a kind of "secret" forum where you just could come in if they invited you personnally- called the "fight-club".
  ( pls. correct me someone about the details of my story  is too wrong,- i was never closed to the circles who created these things so my conclusions can be wrong ... ).

i was wondering some months ago why JR appeared suddenly frequently here again,- but more i wondered myself how sensitive and overheatet ( just my opinion ) was taken the "lolita affair" here,- for me it seems really an offense to this forum and i simply could not understand the whole thing,- less JR took this as a reason to unregister. if Michael would not had reacted so cool ( my opinion ) this forum  would have lost half of its members too, and probably it wouldnt longer be from interest in the mf aerea.
Now,- some months later,- MT appears after long time of silence,- i  was astonished again, anyway, i thought maybe its getting too boring in their private club.
Again a lots of nice posts ( as had done JR too ) and than suddenly-..... unregistered.
everybody is free to do what he wants,- but if i see all the thing together i cannot avoid to see coincidences,- i just hope that noone will leave for some solidarity feelings, which i.m.o. are in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:29:13 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

sanjaynarayan

• http://www.sanjaynarayan.com
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 03:53:21 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had a great time at RG while it lasted...perhaps for some it was just a case of moving on...

www.sanjaynarayan.com

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 04:54:14 am »

Which is my thought, exactly. But to go to the trouble to un-register from a free forum such as this makes someone appear as somewhat of a wack-job, at least to me. I left Depreview because I finally found some sights that actually cater to what I'm interested in which is DMF. I didn't email Phil and say, "I'm leaving". Hell, I still look back there on occasion and I'm still learning! I don't hear much from Frank Door(whatever), maybe he's checked out (un-registered) but he didn't go thru all the drama to tell the world. Unless remaining registered is sucking up band-width, or the site is overloading you with junk email, why would you take the energy to bother un-registering?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"people are free to do as they wish...  Michael"

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:33 am »

I really don't think that's fair, sorry. The RB fiasco was a huge, poorly run mess. That's not the case here, not by a long shot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146225\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rodney, read my post. Sorry if you misunderstood it, but I'm talking about the dropout of some valuable members with interesting comments and views. Especially as these views and beliefs were further reaching, not only tech talk. As simple as that. I was comparing this only to a certain moment in time at RG, I did not talk at all about Michael's abilities to run and moderate his forum.

And I'm sure he got the point.

ronno

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 08:38:30 am »

I have asked to be unregistered twice, and my requests have been ignored...

michael

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 08:46:45 am »

You are not being ignored. Your request simply hasn't been received.

You are now deleted.

Michael

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 08:48:01 am »

is that so important to get unregistered? I do not understand. All one has to do is stopping to login and not longer posting.

Thierry

I have asked to be unregistered twice, and my requests have been ignored...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

awofinden

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 08:48:44 am »

It all seems a little self important to say the least, I mean making a big deal about "officially unregistering" very silly really. I think some people on these forums have a rather inflated view of themselves.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 08:51:19 am »

May be Michael is giving certificates!

Thierry

It all seems a little self important to say the least, I mean making a big deal about "officially unregistering" very silly really. I think some people on these forums have a rather inflated view of themselves.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

michael

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 08:51:43 am »

Thierry,

Good point. I have failed to understand why people ask to be deleted. All it does is remove their ability to post. There is no mail list or anything else of the sort that implies continued participation. All they need to do is just go away.

My only assumption is that it is some form of protest, though no one has had either the sense or the balls to let me know what the protest is about.

Michael
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:52:15 am by michael »

hubell

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 09:16:07 am »

Very unfortunate. For all of Mark Tucker's exceptional talent as a photographer, he also possesses a rare gift of being able to see the photographic world with a social critic's eye and express that verbally in incisive and often hysterically funny terms. Hopefully he will be back, perhaps under some psedonym like Hype 6 Man. He deserves a wide audience.

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 10:33:57 am »

well.... i am thinking also but in a  little bit longer term.
i saw the end of the RG(RobertGalbraight) forum, and you may think what you want about censorship and all the bad things which are said abour RG,- the mf forum was great and RG felt attacked by this Jesus treat and saw red i.m.o.  If someone would make the same chokes about the koran as it have been made in that treat it could bring tha author really in danger,- this does not mean that i did not laugh about the chokes and found RG`s reaction not adequate. But the things were cooking up and he lost control, loosing years of work i believe and we had lost a worthfull forum.i felt that MT( MarkTucker)  and JR ( JamesRussel) have been the main motors in the great exodus there which killed the RG forum,- if i remember well.

following some guys started some initiatives  to start a little private forum not to risc to be censored anymore by anyone and to stay quiet from "beginners", first tries didnt had much response, till MT and JR ( as known persons, maybe others too ) started a kind of "secret" forum where you just could come in if they invited you personnally- called the "fight-club".
  ( pls. correct me someone about the details of my story  is too wrong,- i was never closed to the circles who created these things so my conclusions can be wrong ... ).

i was wondering some months ago why JR appeared suddenly frequently here again,- but more i wondered myself how sensitive and overheatet ( just my opinion ) was taken the "lolita affair" here,- for me it seems really an offense to this forum and i simply could not understand the whole thing,- less JR took this as a reason to unregister. if Michael would not had reacted so cool ( my opinion ) this forum  would have lost half of its members and wouldnot löonger be from interest probably in the mf aerea. same person here who heated the story i.m.o., and for me this looked strange.
Now,- some months later,- MT appears after long time of silence,- i  was astonished again, anyway, i thought maybe its getting too boring in their private club.
Again a lots of nice posts ( as had done JR too ) and than suddenly-..... unregistered.
everybody is free to do what he wants,- but if i see all the thing together i cannot avoid to see too much coincidences,- i just hope that noone will leave for some solidarity feelings, which i.m.o. are in the wrong place.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am not familiar with these events at all!  

I have searched James Russel posts and you are right, I too found them to be very useful and primarily focused on photography, nice!

As far as politics goes, silence is more durable and the effort pays off!!!

Cheers
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up