Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in May  (Read 2246 times)

qball

Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in May
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:43:09 am »

I am planning to spend (for the first time) the week of May 14th thru 21st in Yellowstone/Grand Tetons NP's, seeking striking/dramatic landscape images. Flying into SLC then north to Jackson for three nights and then West Yellowstone for four nights.
I have read that all the main roads in the NP's will be open by then.
Any personal experiences or knowledge of this area at this time would be greatly appreciated also thoughts on clean inexpensive motels??
Thank you in advance,
Quentin

Mort54

• http://
Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in May
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:40 am »

I am planning to spend (for the first time) the week of May 14th thru 21st in Yellowstone/Grand Tetons NP's, seeking striking/dramatic landscape images.
Hi Quentin. You should be mostly OK with the roads. Beartooth pass will likely still be closed, however. And according to the Yellowstone NP website, Dunraven pass (between Tower and Canyon) isn't scheduled to open until late May. Snow storms can hit at any time, of course. Also, be aware the Artist's Point canyon overlook, and the road up to it, are under reconstruction. I'm not sure it's scheduled to be finished by May of next year, so definitely call the park to find out.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My
Pages: [1]   Go Up