Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHotoshop Elements 6  (Read 4015 times)

nicsut

• nicsut photography
PHotoshop Elements 6
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:24:53 am »

So the new version (seems to be an annual event at this time of year) is here.  Some interesting new features, but for me the real question is, is the 16 bit support full 16 bit support and therefore a good extension to my use of lightroom meaning that I don't need to spend all that money on CS3?

Thoughts  from anyone, anyone purchased it and seen if the 16 bit support has any shortcomings?

Thanks
Nick

nicsut

• nicsut photography
PHotoshop Elements 6
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:00 am »

... just looked at the pricing and the download price is MORE expensive than having the boxed version sent ...  what on earth are Adobe playing at?

alain

PHotoshop Elements 6
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:05:35 pm »

So the new version (seems to be an annual event at this time of year) is here.  Some interesting new features, but for me the real question is, is the 16 bit support full 16 bit support and therefore a good extension to my use of lightroom meaning that I don't need to spend all that money on CS3?

Thoughts  from anyone, anyone purchased it and seen if the 16 bit support has any shortcomings?

Thanks
Nick
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141534\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mmm don't see anything about softproofing...

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
PHotoshop Elements 6
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:43:45 pm »

... just looked at the pricing and the download price is MORE expensive than having the boxed version sent ...  what on earth are Adobe playing at?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And probably double for the UK!
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Peter McLennan

PHotoshop Elements 6
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 11:54:22 pm »

And the "upgrade" price is the same as the "retail" price, which is shown at the Adobe store as both "from $69" and "from $79".  Sheez.

Lots of nice new features, though.  Improved Photomerge and BW converting among them.

sojournerphoto

PHotoshop Elements 6
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:03:39 pm »

... just looked at the pricing and the download price is MORE expensive than having the boxed version sent ...  what on earth are Adobe playing at?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you live in the UK they provide downloads from Ireland and ship the boxes from Scotland, so you get to pay more vat on the download and it costs more!

Before buying I'd make sure that 16 bit support includes full layer and masking support and not just the functionality included in v5. Softproofing is invaluable.

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up