Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII  (Read 3247 times)

zakip

Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:48:58 am »

Hi to all,

I'm new to this site, so please go easy on the new member...

I hope that most users of the Mamiya 6x4.5 would have an idea about the option of upgrading an AF to AFD and perhaps AFDII.

After reading some info. on Mamiya US web site, I have a vage idea on the main ingredient, namely; the communication between the DB and the body etc.  

Does any one know the difference between Mamyia AF and the AFD/AFDII from a practical point of view, i.e. working environment?

Can Mamyia AF be upgraded to AFD? Any idea on cost and who does it (I'm based in Australia)?
Thanks to all
--
ZP

Lester

Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:11:26 am »

You might be better just to  get a AFD or AFD II. I got a AF camera that was upgraded to AFD, it was cheap but it does not work 100% with the Phase One P45, I was getting errors. I swithch back to the AFD and everything works great. it might just be my AF body.

Hi to all,

I hope that most users of the Mamiya 6x4.5 would have an idea about the option of upgrading an AF to AFD and perhaps AFDII.

After reading some info. on Mamiya US web site, I have a vage idea on the main ingredient, namely; the communication between the DB and the body etc. 

Does any one know the difference between Mamyia AF and the AFD/AFDII from a practical point of view, i.e. working environment?

Can Mamyia AF be upgraded to AFD? Any idea on cost and who does it (I'm based in Australia)?
Thanks to all
--
ZP
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141382\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am a old fart, over 60

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:57:27 pm »

Hi to all,

Thanks to all
--
ZP
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141382\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi
I also live in Australia & have the AFDII & AFD bodies. Talk to L&P as they are the agents for Phase & Mamiya/ZD. After using all 3 type of AFD bodies buy the AFDII body. You can also separate the focus function from the shutter release, this is very important for me. I have the focus set up at the rear the same as my Canon 5D (CF 4). I have seen AFDII bodies sell on ebay for $1600.00 USD. You have to remember that the AFD body is from 1999. While the AFDII body is from 2005.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

zakip

Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:45 am »

You might be better just to  get a AFD or AFD II. I got a AF camera that was upgraded to AFD, it was cheap but it does not work 100% with the Phase One P45, I was getting errors. I swithch back to the AFD and everything works great. it might just be my AF body.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141409\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Lester/Denis,
I hope I'm doing the right thing by replying to both of you at the same time...

Denis, I hope you took some good picts. during the street demo. in Sydney "the welcome party for George..." (I was the one with the Nikon FE...  )
My dilema is with the AF not the AFD/AFDII.

Lester, thanks for the info. about your AF. Can you tell me who does the upgrade? Cheers, Zaki

Lester

Mamyia AF/AFD/AFDII
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:24:19 pm »

I got the AF from ebay, the person that own it, have it done by Mamiya USA, he did send the invoice with the camera. It might be good as a film camera, but as a digital back camera, it does not work as good. You have to remember that a upgrade from a older camera, migh not have all the parts needed, to match the newer camera.

Hi Lester/Denis,
I hope I'm doing the right thing by replying to both of you at the same time...

Denis, I hope you took some good picts. during the street demo. in Sydney "the welcome party for George..." (I was the one with the Nikon FE...  )
My dilema is with the AF not the AFD/AFDII.

Lester, thanks for the info. about your AF. Can you tell me who does the upgrade? Cheers, Zaki
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141919\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am a old fart, over 60
Pages: [1]   Go Up