Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on LowePro's Vertex?  (Read 2524 times)

lightstand

Opinions on LowePro's Vertex?
« on: September 19, 2007, 06:05:03 pm »

Thoughts or opinions on this backpack? Or any other suggestions, yes I've read through the archive and realize this is a popular subject just trying to push myself over the edge in paying over two hundred dollars for a pack that doesn't have a cup holder "included". In advance I would like to say thanks for any insights. Jeff

jonstewart

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 07:03:59 pm »

Thoughts or opinions on this backpack? Or any other suggestions, yes I've read through the archive and realize this is a popular subject just trying to push myself over the edge in paying over two hundred dollars for a pack that doesn't have a cup holder "included". In advance I would like to say thanks for any insights. Jeff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Isn't quite on topic, but I got great advice for a larger backpack at same price range over on the Medium format Board. Might be worth a read. Oh sorry, they were slightly dearer!
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Adam Schallau

• www.AdamSchallau.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:05:30 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you get your hands on one? You really need to drop your equipment into the pack and try it on to make sure it's going to work for you. I have also been considering a Vertex 200 or 300. I like the suspension on the 300 but it's major overkill for my use. I find that if my bag is too big I'm likely to take to much gear with me.

Paul E

• http://www.pauleverettnaturescapes.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:37:30 am »

I got myself a 200 a couple of months ago and have been very pleased with it. I have just got back from a trip to Arctic with it and it performed really well. Its a good size for me and the most comfortable rucksack I have, its also got a very useful range of pockets etc. I would say that if its the right size for you consider it a strong contender. I managed to get in mine the following:

Canon EOS 5D, 20D & 3
Sigma 500 f4.5
Canon 100-400 L
Canon 24-105 L
Flashtrax
20 rolls of velvia
And a pair of 8x 40 binoculars!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:38:29 am by Paul E »
[url=http://www.pauleverettnaturescapes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up