Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1Ds mkIII Review?  (Read 5415 times)

Andy M

• http://
1Ds mkIII Review?
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:46:38 pm »

I suppose this question is aimed specifically at Michael, but largely to other members as well.

When should we expect to begin to see hands-on 1Ds mkIII reviews on this site and others?

Also, has anybody seen any reviews as yet?

madmanchan

• Web
1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:43:16 pm »

Isn't it a bit early? Has a release date even been set for it yet?
Eric Chan

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:54:37 pm »

Isn't it a bit early? Has a release date even been set for it yet?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Release dats is November I beleive.

So I would have thought we would start to see reviews later this month, early next.

RE: Release date.. reality would suggest that even though release dats is November that most of us wont see it before January.

I know I am 8th on the list at my camera store to purchase one and I've pretty much been told I wont get one before January with them. However, I will be in Singapore in November, so will try and get one there if they are out.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 09:55:04 pm by JHolko »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Andy M

• http://
1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:04:46 am »

Given its price, and that it's released in only a hand full of weeks, I'd have expected a review or two to have broken by now.

Ah well, something to look forward to

JHolko - if buying from Singapore, I'd be mindful that warranty offered with Canon's bodies are not usually worldwide warranties. Should a problem occur, the body would have to be shipped back to Singapore for repair.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 06:27:10 am »

Given its price, and that it's released in only a hand full of weeks, I'd have expected a review or two to have broken by now.

Ah well, something to look forward to

JHolko - if buying from Singapore, I'd be mindful that warranty offered with Canon's bodies are not usually worldwide warranties. Should a problem occur, the body would have to be shipped back to Singapore for repair.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the warranty tip. Will bear that in mind.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

michael

1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:07 am »

Canon has indicated a ship date in November. This means that production cameras will likely be available for testing in late October.

There are preproduction cameras floating around, for dealer shows and the like, but they do not have final image quality set. This usually happens very late in the cycle, sometimes as little as a couple of weeks before first ship.

Since the 1Ds MKIII is essentially the same cameras as the 1D MKIII, except for the sensor and related issues, there doesn't seem much point in reviewing it until production samples are available.

I am going to be on a shoot in Madagascar in late October and I am hoping that I'll be able to have a test sample with me for use and review on that shoot. Otherwise any review I do will have to wait till I get back toward the middle of November.

Michael

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
1Ds mkIII Review?
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:40 am »

Release dats is November I beleive.

So I would have thought we would start to see reviews later this month, early next.

RE: Release date.. reality would suggest that even though release dats is November that most of us wont see it before January.

I know I am 8th on the list at my camera store to purchase one and I've pretty much been told I wont get one before January with them. However, I will be in Singapore in November, so will try and get one there if they are out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1st in line at my pro dealer! Second week of November I've been told.
Pages: [1]   Go Up