Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing from CS3 darker than LR  (Read 2044 times)

AndyF2

Printing from CS3 darker than LR
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:25:04 am »

Before I experiment with more sheets of expensive paper, someone here may know...
I have a raw (CR2) file in LR 1.1 which prints with the brightness, contrast, tones etc I want, but needed to have an object removed, so it was exported to CS3, fixed, and printed from there.  It prints much darker, and actually appears to be darker within CS3.  A large area of the image is snow; in LR, the red indicates about 70 to 72%.  In CS3, converting from the 0-255 method, it shows about 64% so the file itself seems to have darkened.

It was exported from LR as a PSD, 16 bit, sRGB.  Another thread here mentioned something about "export with LR settings" but I didn't see that option buried anywhere on the export dialog.  The CS3 policies are to not ignore embedded information.

Printing was done with the same printer settings and ICC profile, but that measurement seems to show the image file itself has become darker and it's not the printing process.

Is there some setting which is in the wrong state, or is sRGB as making the image darker?

Thanks for any ideas,
Andy

genemcc

• http://pixveritas.com
Printing from CS3 darker than LR
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:13 am »

Hey Andy!

I haven't been able to reproduce your problem but that may just be an image specific issue.  I suspect that dropping down to sRGB may be to blame though since you are throwing away colors in that conversion.

Does the same thing happen if you choose ProPhoto RGB?  That's a large colorspace and will not throw info away.

Also, try just editing in Photoshop by clicking on the image and then pressing Control-E instead of exporting the file.
Gene
Li
Pages: [1]   Go Up