Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming of 2 Equipment & Techniques sub-forums?  (Read 2061 times)

plawrence

Renaming of 2 Equipment & Techniques sub-forums?
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:41:23 pm »

Hi Michael,

I'm wondering if you have considered renaming two of the Equipment & Techniques the sub-forums, 'Cameras, Lenses, and Shooting gear' and 'Digital Cameras, Backs, and Shooting Techniques', or even combining them to avoid some duplication of where to post or find threads of interest.

Right now when discussing subjects like current camera bodies like the Canon 5D or Nikon D300 should one post on the 'Camera's Lenses, and Shooting gear' sub-forum, or on the 'Digital Cameras, Backs, and Shooting Techniques' sub-forum?  I find relevant posts scattered between the two sub-forums.

Since photography is heading toward mostly digital, maybe the two sub-forums should be realigned so one is for the discussion of any type of camera body and other field equipment (in other words equipment focused discussion), while the other one is more focused on actual shooting methods and techniques.

Of course the two sub-forums could also just be combined into a single sub-forum and or realigned in some other way.  But right now, these two sub-forums seem a bit redundant and ambiguous to me.

- Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up