Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR on laptop/desktop  (Read 2778 times)

RockySharwell

LR on laptop/desktop
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:59:39 am »

I have just finished watching the video tutorial and am thinking seriously about starting to use LR.  I typically go off photographing for a weekend with laptop--usually doing an edit and some processing with the laptop.  Then I transfer everything to the laptop.

What do I need to do to keep everything synchronized on the desktop?

Thanks
Rocky

francois

LR on laptop/desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:04:23 am »

I have just finished watching the video tutorial and am thinking seriously about starting to use LR.  I typically go off photographing for a weekend with laptop--usually doing an edit and some processing with the laptop.  Then I transfer everything to the laptop.

What do I need to do to keep everything synchronized on the desktop?

Thanks
Rocky
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133159\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can export your photos as a catalog (File>Export as Catalog…), transfer them (exported files & catalog) to your desktop and then re-import them as catalog (File>Import as Catalog…).
Francois

JPrimgaard

LR on laptop/desktop
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:48:32 pm »

I've got a question along these lines.

I've put all my files on an external drive and was sharing that between two computers with LR 1.0.

Now I have LR 1.1 on both computers.  Grabbed my external drive on the way out the door yesterday and am now away from the desktop which was accessing my external drive just fine I am getting an error that says "Lightroom must quit because catalog named Lightroom Database.lrcat is not writtable and connot be opened" using my laptop.

What in the world does this mean?  I was swapping back and forth between 1.0 versions without a hitch, now it seems with 1.1 I can't use this database between two computers without doing constant exports/imports?

Am I "locked out" of these files until I get home again and do this export excercise noted above from the desktop computer that was originaly accessing these files just fine?

Thanks,
Jake

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
LR on laptop/desktop
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:49:28 pm »

Is LR opening Catalog on startup?  Edit | Preferences:

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up