Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3FR and Lightroom?  (Read 7003 times)

PaulT

• Paul Tornaquindici
3FR and Lightroom?
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:02:34 am »

How long before we can open files directly in Lightroom without the Flexcolor export to DNG step? Is this in the works?

PaulT

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:07:15 am »

How long before we can open files directly in Lightroom without the Flexcolor export to DNG step? Is this in the works?

PaulT
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130099\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only thing I read about this was on the Adobe forum where someone else asked the same thing. The reply was that Hasselblad is not sharing information about their 3FR files with Adobe thus preventing Adobe from implementing this very soon.

Mail Hasselblad about it, I know more people did maybe the voice of many can convince them.

hubell

3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 08:24:12 am »

The only thing I read about this was on the Adobe forum where someone else asked the same thing. The reply was that Hasselblad is not sharing information about their 3FR files with Adobe thus preventing Adobe from implementing this very soon.

Mail Hasselblad about it, I know more people did maybe the voice of many can convince them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130109\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was told otherwise by one of the most well informed dealers, but the only ones who know for sure are Hasselblad and Adobe. I agree it would probably be helpful for Hasselblad to know that many of its users want the ability to open Hasselblad digital files directly in ACR or Lightroom, WITH the digital optical corrections that Flexcolor provides. Right now, the Hasslblad files can easily be converted into DNGs and opened in ACR or Lightroom, but you lose the benefit of the digital optical corrections in Flexcolor. There have been significant improvements in Flexcolor in the past 18-24 months, but there is no way Hasselblad can match the resources of Adobe in writing software. The functionality and GUI of ACR and Lightroom are stunning compared to what any of the camera manufacturers have produced. Different primary missions. The handwriting is on the wall even for Capture One.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 08:38:37 am »

You are right. It is not certain what the cause is, the result is not good for the users whoever is causing what. I believe Nikon had a similar sort of issue with Adobe a few years ago with their encryption of white balance information.

The extra step of converting from 3FR to DNG would be my biggest concern. Yes, I have been told it is fairly fast but nevertheless it still takes up my time and effort.

montero4

• http://foodportraits.com
3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:25 am »

While this doesn't really answer your question, I was really surprised the Lightzone could read flexcolor 3f files directly without converting to DNG first. Lightzone is a really interesting program as you can do a lot of things like dodge & burn, dust spot (I think), color correct, change contrast, etc etc BEFORE you develop the 3f raw file which I thought was really really neat. And just like flexcolor, you can change anything after the fact and just develop the picture again. It uses the concept of layers and masks just like photoshop but remember the masks are applied before the raw file is "developed" by Lightzone.

so.. how come Lightzone can read the 3f files but Lightroom can't?

Jonah
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:49:58 am by montero4 »
Jonah Calinawan
[url=http://foodportrait

ixpressraf

3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 01:46:14 pm »

Indeed, lightrzone is a wonderfull extra for us hassie users. Extremely powerfull and the perfect addition to flexcolor.
My 2 cents that the long awaited version of flexcolor 5 will be a combination or cooperation between the Lightzone guys and Imacon wizz kids.i am using it from when i discovered the software at photokina for my nikon raw convertions, but only recently for my 3F files. Doesn't work on 3FR files yet BTW.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
3FR and Lightroom?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:39 pm »

Maybe it will help, maybe not but I have send Hasselblad an email about this. I am particularly interested in getting support in ACR.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 02:50:21 pm by Dustbak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up