Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic Questions about Profiling for Quadtone RIP  (Read 2927 times)

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
Basic Questions about Profiling for Quadtone RIP
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:39:14 pm »

Hello all,

I have been searching the net and this forum for some really basic questions about profiling for Quadtone. I have been reading the instructions on Quadtone's "Eye-One-ReadMe.pdf" (i am using the eye one spectrometer) but I don't understand:

1. if I should print the files via CS2 (no cs2/printer management, etc) OR via Quadtone RIP for the 4 gray patch files. And if I am using the Quadtone, should I set the paper setting to 'Luster' without curves? (I am using Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl with the Epson 2100)

2. if I can combine the QTR-21 & QTR-51 files into 1 A4 document.

3. how the QTR-21x4-random file is used.

I will deeply appreciate any help I can get on this.

Kind regards
Wesley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:48:31 pm by wesley »

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:28:21 pm »

Hello all,

I have been searching the net and this forum for some really basic questions about profiling for Quadtone. I have been reading the instructions on Quadtone's "Eye-One-ReadMe.pdf" (i am using the eye one spectrometer) but I don't understand:

1. if I should print the files via CS2 (no cs2/printer management, etc) OR via Quadtone RIP for the 4 gray patch files. And if I am using the Quadtone, should I set the paper setting to 'Luster' without curves? (I am using Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl with the Epson 2100)

2. if I can combine the QTR-21 & QTR-51 files into 1 A4 document.

3. how the QTR-21x4-random file is used.

I will deeply appreciate any help I can get on this.

I have not used QTR, but you might get a better answer from the fourm "Quadtone RIP" on the Yahoo web site. Not to say that you won't get good answers from the members of this site, but the Yahoo forum is moderated by QTR's creator, Roy Harrington.

Kind regards
Wesley
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Peter Langham

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:41:58 pm »

Wesley,

If you are trying to creat the ICC profiles with the creatICC function of QTR
you should print the file (the 21 or 51) using the exact settings you will be using to print your pictures when you use the profile.  So if you are going to be printing from QTR, then print the file from QTR.  Apply the exact combination of curves you will use.  Luster should be a good setting for the Fine Art Pearl.  I don't know if you can get the 21 and 51 files on 1 A4 document, but I only use 1 or the other, not both.  Typically I use the 21, but I have not compared the results, so I can't comment on the differences.
I do not use the 21X4 random file, so I'm no help there.

Hope this helps

Peter

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 03:24:18 am »

Wesley,

If you are trying to creat the ICC profiles with the creatICC function of QTR
you should print the file (the 21 or 51) using the exact settings you will be using to print your pictures when you use the profile.  So if you are going to be printing from QTR, then print the file from QTR.  Apply the exact combination of curves you will use.  Luster should be a good setting for the Fine Art Pearl.  I don't know if you can get the 21 and 51 files on 1 A4 document, but I only use 1 or the other, not both.  Typically I use the 21, but I have not compared the results, so I can't comment on the differences.
I do not use the 21X4 random file, so I'm no help there.

Hope this helps

Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Peter,

Appreciate the help! Will get on it right away.

Best regards
Wes
Pages: [1]   Go Up