Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1d MkIII personal info?  (Read 3778 times)

ntphoto

1d MkIII personal info?
« on: July 23, 2007, 12:51:58 am »

Hey everyone...Has anyone out there figured out if it is possible to add your name to the EXIF info to all images produced by the MkIII? I used to have this set on my MkII through the "Personal Function" options, but this doesn't seem to be an option on the MkIII...really would be nice to be able to add it automatically to all images produced by the camera....and a real bummer if Canon decided to ditch this ability on the MkIII...I've been looking, but unable to find anyway to do it...so I thought I'd ask everyone here to see if they've found a way to do it...Thanks in advance...

Khun_K

• http://
1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:00:59 am »

Hey everyone...Has anyone out there figured out if it is possible to add your name to the EXIF info to all images produced by the MkIII? I used to have this set on my MkII through the "Personal Function" options, but this doesn't seem to be an option on the MkIII...really would be nice to be able to add it automatically to all images produced by the camera....and a real bummer if Canon decided to ditch this ability on the MkIII...I've been looking, but unable to find anyway to do it...so I thought I'd ask everyone here to see if they've found a way to do it...Thanks in advance...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129468\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If it works similar to 1Ds MK2 and the previous 1 series, which I assum it is, what I did, is to connect the camera with your computer and opens up Canon DPP software, configure the camera custom function, clock and so on (include your name of ocurse), then your personal information (limited, but your name will be there) will be in each capture.

mahleu

• 500px
1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:38:23 am »

I don't know about on camera, but you can create a photoshop action to add that info to all your images.

ntphoto

1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:28:39 am »

Yeah...know I can create an action to do it....that's what I'm doing right now with Lightroom adding the info at import actually....however, the personal functions which used to be present and accessed through DPP seem to be no longer as they roled them all into custom functions on camera...other than this one it seems....the reason I want it is for when doing collaborative shoots with additional  photographers and a digital assistant is importing all the images onto one computer (often rented)....in this situation, it becomes a royal pain to guarantee that each photographer gets credit for their respective images....thus the need, and a real bummer if it was neglected...

Thanks again,
Nick

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:18 am »

I don't have my III yet so can't check it directly, but on previous cameras it hasn't been literally PF's but something else you accessed via firewire to enter the owner info.  Maybe using DPP or one of the other utilities, maybe just via camera/properties, I can't remember.  On the III it will be via USB not firewire I believe.

Otherwise, you might solve your multi-shooter credit problem by having your images downloaded via Downloader Pro and setting it up to recognize the respective cameras and automatically enter IPTC or even filename data appropriately.

EDIT:  With the Mark II, it's done with EOS Viewer Utility, Camera Settings, Basic Settings.

Nill
~~
www.toulme./net
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:59:55 am by Nill Toulme »

X-Re

1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:21:34 pm »

In the MkIII, its done in the same fashion as with the other cameras. Using "EOS Utility" (on Windows), attach the camera via USB and change the Owner's Name....
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

ntphoto

1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 05:28:04 pm »

In the MkIII, its done in the same fashion as with the other cameras. Using "EOS Utility" (on Windows), attach the camera via USB and change the Owner's Name....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130009\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Oh....there it is...thanks a lot for the help...guess I hadn't used Eos Utility in so long that I just didn't recognize where it was anymore...Once again many thanks!!!!

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

Your post reminded me that I've been meaning to register ntphoto.com.  I see now that I needn't bother.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

ntphoto

1d MkIII personal info?
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 01:29:56 pm »

Your post reminded me that I've been meaning to register ntphoto.com.  I see now that I needn't bother.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nill...Yeah, me too...tried to get it years ago but it was already taken...mine is going to be ntkophoto.com whenever I get around to getting it together...Seen your posts for a few years now...thanks for the help and insight...
Pages: [1]   Go Up