Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alt-click on Detail and Radius not working  (Read 4003 times)

X-Re

Alt-click on Detail and Radius not working
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »

Running 1.1 on XP, looking at one particular RAW file at 1:1 magnification. When sharpening the file, I can alt-click on the Amount and Masking sliders, and they work as expected. However, if I alt-click on the Radius or Detail sliders, all I see is a solid white image (where there is obviously detail in the image). It doesn't matter if I change the setting of either slider to either extreme. The settings have an effect on the image - I just don't get the "alt-click" view for those sliders.

It doesn't seem to happen on other files, either, which seems a tad odd...

Anyhow, curious if anyone else has seen that?? I've found one or two other minor bugs that I'll end up reporting, but they're goofy things that you shouldn't normally hit... This one is a bit weird, though
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:05:03 am »

Running 1.1 on XP, looking at one particular RAW file at 1:1 magnification. When sharpening the file, I can alt-click on the Amount and Masking sliders, and they work as expected. However, if I alt-click on the Radius or Detail sliders, all I see is a solid white image (where there is obviously detail in the image). It doesn't matter if I change the setting of either slider to either extreme. The settings have an effect on the image - I just don't get the "alt-click" view for those sliders.
The above seems a bit unclear, so let me ask a few questions:

1) "solid white image with detail" - is the image solid white (as in completely white all over)?

2) If so, what do you mean by "where there is obvious detail in the image"?  Do you mean detail in the "solid white" image, or in the original photograph?

3) What do you expect from the "alt-click" view?

It doesn't seem to happen on other files, either, which seems a tad odd...
What is it that doesn't seem to happen on other files, specifically?
Jan

X-Re

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:21:12 am »

1) "solid white image with detail" - is the image solid white (as in completely white all over)?

The image in the window is solid white (when the slider is alt-clicked).

2) If so, what do you mean by "where there is obvious detail in the image"?  Do you mean detail in the "solid white" image, or in the original photograph?

Where there is detail in the original image.

3) What do you expect from the "alt-click" view?
What is it that doesn't seem to happen on other files, specifically?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For Detail and Radius sliders, I'd expect to see something that looks similar to a High Pass filter - even if no detail is shown, it should be grey, not white. If you're not familiar with what I'm trying to describe, Michael and Jeff show the feature as it is supposed to work in the LR 1.1 tutorial.

Most files, things work fine - I see the appropriate display (a luminance image for Sharpness, the High Pass like image for Detail and Radius, and an edge mask for Mask). Just some files seem to have strange behavior.

I've also seen a 2nd variation of this, now, where I alt-click any of those four sliders, and all I see is the original image - not even the solid white image. The adjustments still work - if I move a slider, there is an appropriate change in the image, etc - I just never see the "alt-click" version of the display.

Unfortunately, it seems to be somewhat random as to when it appears, right now - I'm keeping an eye out to see if I can narrow the circumstances down a bit....
Dave Re

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:30 am »

For Detail and Radius sliders, I'd expect to see something that looks similar to a High Pass filter - even if no detail is shown, it should be grey, not white. If you're not familiar with what I'm trying to describe, Michael and Jeff show the feature as it is supposed to work in the LR 1.1 tutorial.
I'm quite familiar with the use of it, I've taken advantage of it since day one.

Thanks for the clarification.

I haven't seen anything like it on MacOS X or Windows XP x64 edition, but perhaps somenoe else has.
Jan

X-Re

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:40:35 am »

I'm quite familiar with the use of it, I've taken advantage of it since day one.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I figured  But, didn't want to assume....
Dave Re

tgphoto

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:34:43 pm »

I figured  But, didn't want to assume....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128045\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's there in MacOSX....use the Option key in place of Alt.

X-Re

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:44:12 pm »

It's there in MacOSX....use the Option key in place of Alt.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128119\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"It's there", meaning the ability to Option-click the slider, or the situation we're talking about??

Dave
Dave Re

tgphoto

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 07:00:48 pm »

"It's there", meaning the ability to Option-click the slider, or the situation we're talking about??

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128132\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

oops!  Sorry, I meant the ability to Option-click
Pages: [1]   Go Up