Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 won't print small sizes help  (Read 2939 times)

mcculloched

3800 won't print small sizes help
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:24:58 pm »

Hi all-

I've never had this problem before.  I used to be able to print 4x5.  I'm trying to print 4x5 now in the sheet feeder and it just pulls the paper through and cancels my print job.  I'm printing on the 3800.

Any help would be great.
Thanks-

Ed

dgillilan

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:39:05 pm »

Hi all-

I've never had this problem before.  I used to be able to print 4x5.  I'm trying to print 4x5 now in the sheet feeder and it just pulls the paper through and cancels my print job.  I'm printing on the 3800.

Any help would be great.
Thanks-

Ed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ed,
I had a similar problem with my 3800, until I discovered that I did not have the correct source set in the printer driver. I was trying to feed it in the attached rear feeder and it was set in the driver for the middle sheet feeder. Perhaps you might check the paper source chosen in the printer driver and see if it matches where you are actually feeding the paper?
Debra

mcculloched

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:44:34 pm »

Hi Debra-

I've double checked the printer driver settings.  They are correct and it still won't print 4x5 through the middle sheet feeder.  Just pulls it through and cancles the print job.

It always used to work...I leave for a month now it won't!?!

-Ed

dgillilan

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:52:59 pm »

Hi Debra-

I've double checked the printer driver settings.  They are correct and it still won't print 4x5 through the middle sheet feeder.  Just pulls it through and cancles the print job.

It always used to work...I leave for a month now it won't!?!

-Ed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125508\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, if it worked before you left, here is what I would do: load an 8.5x11 sheet of regular paper in that path where you are trying to load the 4x5, and tell the printer driver the correct size, 8.5x11, paper type=inkjet, and see if it will print on that. Then try the 4x5 sheet again and choose the size - are you telling it 4x6 ? I have only fed 4x6 and not 4x5 through mine(and I've used other larger sizes).  See if that will straighten it out,
Debra

mcculloched

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:09:08 pm »

Epson tech support said it won't print to 4x5.  I said well I've done it before without any problems...

So yeah I just tricked it and made it think it was printing to 4x6...
Thanks for the help

-Ed

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 02:40:04 pm »

Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up