Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase Plus files still don't work in 1.1  (Read 3174 times)

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
Phase Plus files still don't work in 1.1
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:55:47 am »

It was my understanding that the Phase One Plus files were going to be unofficially supported in Lightroom 1.1.  I still can't open my plus files in the new version.  Anyone know anything about that??  Michael, or anyone??  Many thanks! Eleanor
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

william

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:19:44 am »

For the record, I can't open my P30+ files in LR 1.1 either.

It was my understanding that the Phase One Plus files were going to be unofficially supported in Lightroom 1.1.  I still can't open my plus files in the new version.  Anyone know anything about that??  Michael, or anyone??  Many thanks! Eleanor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125152\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

michael

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:53 am »

No, unfortunately V1.1 doesn't support Phase Plus series backs.

My workflow with the P45+ is to do basic adjustments on selects in C1, (primarily white balance) then save them as a 16 bit TIFF in Prophoto RBG. I then load the TIFF in Lightroom and do my major editing and adjustments.

Not an ideal workflow, but workable for the time being.

Michael

eleanorbrown

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:43:57 am »

Michael, do you assign a linear curve to you 45+ files before saving in tiff out of capture one?  How do you keep all of your image data?  The major problem with Capture One (among other things) is that it offers no option to get control of the histogram when there is lots of data in both shadows and highlights as is typical with the Phase files. (The ability of Lightroom maintain detail in both shadows and highlights is invaluable.)  Eleanor

No, unfortunately V1.1 doesn't support Phase Plus series backs.

My workflow with the P45+ is to do basic adjustments on selects in C1, (primarily white balance) then save them as a 16 bit TIFF in Prophoto RBG. I then load the TIFF in Lightroom and do my major editing and adjustments.

Not an ideal workflow, but workable for the time being.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125161\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eleanor Brown

michael

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:57:40 am »

I've experimented with importing the files as shot (with only white balance set in C1) and also with basic white and black points set, and frankly see little difference in my ability to extract optimum image quality from the files in LR.

Try it yourself and let me know what your experience is. I'm still experimenting.

Michael

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 02:27:37 pm »

have either of you tried the DNG converter?
i know it sounds weird, but i tried it with my line issue and it showed slightly better results...which does not make ANY sense, but what does....

i still have the line issue in my P30 files....the P30 is officially supported in CR and LR now...but yet i still get a line which makes my image look like the top and bottom got 2 different development settings....of course it isn't there in c1, so phase says that this is a adobe issue and adobe is just...quiet.....actually now they are saying that it will be solved in CR 4.2 and probably LR1.2...great who knows when that will be out!...i doubt we will see LR 1.2 before...october?november?

i am really getting tired of this...as great as the phase backs and files are...it just pisses me off that phase is so secretive with their files and keeps saying how open they are...it takes adobe a couple of weeks to come out with a new version of CR to support the latest P&S but they can't support phase file for months? does not make any sense....phase isn't sharing everything...as long as they are trying to sell software this won't change.....

eleanorbrown

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:33:34 pm »

DNG converter and ACR don't work with plus files either--I tried those right away.  Wish I knew what the hold up is---Phase or Adobe or both.  the thought of having to wait several months for the next upgrade is inconceivable. Don't even want to think about it.  Eleanor

Quote from: pss,Jun 27 2007, 06:27 PM
Eleanor Brown

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:52:28 pm »

Quote from: eleanorbrown,Jun , 02:33 PM
DNG converter and ACR don't work with plus files either--I tried those right away.  Wish I knew what the hold up is---Phase or Adobe or both.  the thought of having to wait several months for the next upgrade is inconceivable. Don't even want to think about it.  Eleanor
Quote from: pss,Jun , 06:27 PM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for whatever reason i got slightly better results in DNG converter then in ACR...but still...

I KNOW! this is crazy....just wait for the next release! this means at least 3-4months.....if not longer....

this is what is so annoying..neither adobe nor phase will actually say anything....i just don't see a reason for adobe to delay this in any way....but i see lots of reasons why phase would want to delay it.....the whole V4 is turning into a fiasko for them.....i am sure it will be nice when it comes out...but it will be too little to late....

DXO today announced their new plug-in for LR.....looks like they are only waiting for adobe to release the SDK and it will be a module....this is the way....  

just realized....looks like phase does not want people to be able to work in LR with the P+ files before V4 is out....
Pages: [1]   Go Up