Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One P30+ in Contax mount  (Read 6253 times)

william

Phase One P30+ in Contax mount
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:09:17 am »

(Please contact me directly at wmc@case.edu or 216-789-0782 if you're interested.  Please DON'T PM me, as I don't check PMs very often.  Also, please read the whole ad before contacting me, as many of your questions are probably answered below).

First, the preface.  This is the most amazing photographic tool I have ever used, bar none.  I will not go into all the benefits of the P30 because if you're reading this, you presumably already know all about it.  

I bought the P30 last fall.  In fact, I wrote a review of it for this site, which can be found here:

http://luminous-landscape.com/reviews/came...%20review.shtml

I just (about 3 weeks ago) swapped it in for the P30+, which is even more amazing than the "regular" P30.  Since then, it has been on my camera exactly once to test it out.  I then popped it back in its case.  Thus, it's in brand-new condition.

Here’s why I'm selling.  I'm in the process closing down my studio in Cleveland because I will be moving to Philadelphia to start a new job at the beginning of July.  I simply will not have the time in the near future to do the type of serious photography to really justify keeping this back.  I have agonized over this for several weeks now, as I can't imagine a better photographic tool.  Nonetheless, the reality is such that I won't be able to get much use out of it in the foreseeable future.  But if it doesn't sell at my asking price, I'll simply keep it.

Capture Integration (where I bought the back from) is selling the "value added" P30+ new for $22,990, as can be seen here:

http://captureintegration.com/sales/newprices.html

My P30+ has the value added warranty and comes with all the original accessories (aluminum hard case, Capture One Pro and DB software, cables, chargers, etc.).  I will also include 2 extra batteries (for a total of 3) as well as a super-long firewire cable that I bought when I bought the back.  (No, I don't know the exact length as I don't have it in front of me right now, but I believe it's longer than 20 ft.  I do know that it works with no problems, at least tethered to my Macbook Pro).  There are approximately 28 months remaining on the value added warranty.  I have all the paperwork, both for the original purchase and the P30 to P30+ swap.  Please note that I received an educational discount when buying the P30 and also bought it during the time when the price for the eventual P30+ upgrade was less than it is now.  Accordingly, if you buy the back, please don’t complain to me when you see the paperwork that I paid slightly less for it than I’m selling it for; it’s still less than it sells for new.  And it shouldn’t matter how much I paid for it anyway, as long as what I’m selling it for is fair market value.

Also note that the value added warranty entitles you to one free mount swap within the first year (which this still is), so if you wanted to have it switched to a different mount, you could do so.

The price is $20,000.  Yes, I'm aware that a P30+ in Mamiya mount was recently listed here for $19,000.  Serious buyers only, please, so don't send me any lowball offers.

You're welcome to come inspect the back in person if you're near Cleveland, OH or want to come here (hey, maybe you canmeet LeBron James!).  Or if there's an East Coast buyer who's SERIOUS, you can come look at it in Philly as of July 2.

I realize that this is an expensive purchase, but please don't ask me questions like "can I pay you part now and part later?"  The answer is no.  Please also don't ask whether I'll let you try it for a few days before payment; the answer to that is also no.  And no, I don't have a return policy or warranty.  The only thing I warrant is that the back is working properly when it leaves my hands; the rest is up to you.  Also, no, I'm not interested in any trades; I'm looking to sell it, not trade.  And, at least for now, don't ask whether I'll consider a lower price; the answer is also no.  (IF I don't sell it at my asking price, I will either just keep it or reduce the price when I feel it's time).  Basically, the answer is "no" to any question other than "Here's the payment in full; how quickly can you ship the back?"     Sorry for all the disclaimers, but I get tired of dealing with silly questions when selling things online.  (I welcome all serious questions, however).  For a purchase this significant, I'd expect the buyer to be serious.  

Also, if you have technical questions, please read my P30 review on this site or any of the commentary in the forums here.  Please don't email me with extensive technical questions.

I will not take any form of payment other than Paypal (buyer pays the 3% fee), money order, or cashier's check.  Even with these methods of payment, I will not ship until the payment clears my account.  If you'd like assurance about my integrity, please email me and I'll give you my home and work address.   I also will not sell to buyers outside of the U.S. and Canada.  No offense, but it's far too difficult to sue someone outside of these countries if your payment bounces.

Please note that I'm NOT selling my Contax camera or lenses along with the P30+.  I can't give up the hope that one day I'll get back into digital MF.  If not, I can always shoot film!

ADDENDUM: Actually, I have a backup Contax body (no prism, no WL finder, no film back, just the body) that I had on hand in case my main body went down.  It works fine.  I'd be willing to sell that and possibly the 210mm lens as I don't anticipate needing either of those for my soon-to-be casual shooting.  But I don't want to take separate offers on those just yet.  I will work out a price on these items with whoever buys the P30+.

(Again, please contact me directly at wmc@case.edu or 216-789-0782 if you're interested.  Please DON'T PM me, as I don't check PMs very often.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:13:41 pm by william »

nicolaasdb

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 07:18:40 pm »

goodluck selling a used back for more than phase sells it for NEW!! The P30+ is your old P30 sensor with some new hardware and software updates.
Your lucky when you get 12K....I am not low baling you, since I use Leaf...it is just the way it is.
Better to keep it and rent it out on a daily basis.

william

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:36:33 am »

If you're not interested in buying this back, please refrain from contributing to my thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up