Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizing images / drag and drop does not work.  (Read 3147 times)

The View

Organizing images / drag and drop does not work.
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:37:53 am »

Drag and drop does work.

And I'm overworked.

So I tried to grab the images by the frame, not by the center. The frame is for highlighting, the center for grabbing.

Funny, isn't it?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:32:52 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:57:14 am »

Drag and drop does work.

And I'm overworked.

So I tried to grab the images by the frame, not by the center. The frame is for highlighting, the center for grabbing.

Funny, isn't it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122743\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Drag and drop has never worked for me in Lightroom. The program doesn't (in my mind) allow you to intuitively organize shots. It's more difficult, certainly different, to organize shots compared to the Beta version.

Nemo

D. King

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:47:52 pm »

Drag and drop has never worked for me in Lightroom. The program doesn't (in my mind) allow you to intuitively organize shots. It's more difficult, certainly different, to organize shots compared to the Beta version.

Nemo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Won't work for me either in Windows.  Front the center of the image or the sides.

Bah!

seanmcfoto

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:03:25 am »

Are you in a subfolder or collection? I think DnD works most places, but not in All Photographs, Higher level folders/collections or Previous Import. It works in subfolders, subcollections, quick collection and previous import.

The reason you need to be in the lowest level is you could be moving things from different folders/collections. If you need a lot of things from different folders/collection moved around, create a new subcollection for these and sort them there.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

geoffmead

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:13 am »

I've just created a Quick Collection, going through my files in the order they were taken.
 But the images are in COMPLETELY RANDOM ORDER. (i.e nothing like the order they were taken, or the order in which they were added to the Quick Collection)  I then converted the Quick C to a Named C, as suggested by Jeff Schewe.  Drag and drop doesn't work, using image or frame.WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!  PLEASE can anybody help.

Geoff

geoffmead

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:27:40 am »

I've just created a Quick Collection, going through my files in the order they were taken.
 But the images are in COMPLETELY RANDOM ORDER. (i.e nothing like the order they were taken, or the order in which they were added to the Quick Collection)  I then converted the Quick C to a Named C, as suggested by Jeff Schewe.  Drag and drop doesn't work, using image or frame.WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!  PLEASE can anybody help.

Geoff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124515\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry Folks!!  I've just found the "sort" function in the drop-down on the toolbar. It solves my immediate problem, but not the drop ans drag issue.\

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up