Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More blocked z3100 print heads  (Read 3612 times)

namartinnz

More blocked z3100 print heads
« on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:27 pm »

I just had to order another print head from my supplier. This one blocked up after only a month's use after replacing a previous blocked one. Anyone else had any issues with blocked heads? Becomes annoying after doing 4 head clean cycles and nothing improves. As my rep said, if they're gonna go, they'll go when they're new. Only good thing is it'll be covered by warranty, but now means delaying some big print jobs.

Neal

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »

I had to replace one print head early on, and it was apparently damaged by a head strike when I inadvertently printed on a thick fine art paper using a paper setting that chose low print head height. No problems since. The light cyan/light magenta print head for some reason seems most vulnerable to head strikes.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:57:49 pm »

I just had to order another print head from my supplier. This one blocked up after only a month's use after replacing a previous blocked one. Anyone else had any issues with blocked heads? Becomes annoying after doing 4 head clean cycles and nothing improves. As my rep said, if they're gonna go, they'll go when they're new. Only good thing is it'll be covered by warranty, but now means delaying some big print jobs.

Neal
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121489\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neal, are you in a low humidity environment?  Just curious if this might affect the clogging.
Regards,
Ron

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:13 am »

Neal, are you in a low humidity environment?  Just curious if this might affect the clogging.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
4 months now and all works fine here, had to replace nothing, yet.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Charles Gast

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:17 am »

When the printer was new I ran a cleaning cycle and then recently I had to do the same. This was to correct excessive (after each pass) parking and spitting. Funny thing is that I had to figure out what was going on. Nothing in the fancy web application tells you a print head - or which one - is causing the printhead carriage to spend so much time parking between passes to spit ink.  Good news is even with head cleaning it wastes very small amounts of ink.

namartinnz

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 03:26:53 pm »

Neal, are you in a low humidity environment?  Just curious if this might affect the clogging.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Humidity levels in NZ are normally fairly average, so I don't think that's the problem. It seems the head clog is internal in the print head. The Photo Black/Light Grey has been the one to go twice and in similar places when looking at the test print. Might be a bad batch, who knows?

Neal

Panascape

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 06:58:05 pm »

I am also have problems with Photo Black and Light Grey that still have blocked nozzles despite numerous cleaning cycles.

namartinnz

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 01:40:31 am »

I am also have problems with Photo Black and Light Grey that still have blocked nozzles despite numerous cleaning cycles.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121702\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From experience, doing head cleans made no change to the printing test page. I hope there's not a pattern to this...

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 03:24:09 am »

From experience, doing head cleans made no change to the printing test page. I hope there's not a pattern to this...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

3 months intermittent use here. no clogs, no cleaning, status says OK for all, see no artifacts in prints.

I thought that bad nozzles are replace by good ones till there's no nozzle buffer left.

Ernst Dinkla

www.pigment-print.com

namartinnz

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:19:24 pm »

3 months intermittent use here. no clogs, no cleaning, status says OK for all, see no artifacts in prints.

I thought that bad nozzles are replace by good ones till there's no nozzle buffer left.
Ernst Dinkla

www.pigment-print.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that's what happened to mine  - the test pattern showed all the nozzles in a line had blocked or stopped working. It might pay to print more regular test patterns to see if there's any obvious signs.

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up