Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any p21 p30 backs on the market  (Read 5793 times)

yodelyo

any p21 p30 backs on the market
« on: June 02, 2007, 02:38:19 pm »

hello
I am hoping to scoop up a P21 or P30 for my contax as the new plus backs arrive, has anyone seen any pricing on these or have they even been for sale yet as "older" backs? I dont think the new backs are worth it for me because I dont want to drop 15k on a back that I am still not entirely happy with. my main issue is that the lowest asa is 100 and with the 1/125 flash synch of the contax i would be making some serious concessions from swithching over from my canon 1dsmkII (1/250 and 50 asa). It would be cool if Phase could lower the asa witha firmware update but not sure if that kinda thing is possible.

please dont suggest the ZD!
thanks

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:58:54 pm »

Good luck on getting, one. It shouldn't be much of a problem once the Plus backs are more readily available. As for me and my P30 Contax combo, I wouldn't get rid of it for the world. I'm blown away everyday I shoot it by the detail and color. My customers really love the files. I also wouldn't do the upgrade, I think the screen is good enough since I tether mostly. I like you would  love to see asa 50 to compensate for the 1/125 flash sync!!

hello
I am hoping to scoop up a P21 or P30 for my contax as the new plus backs arrive, has anyone seen any pricing on these or have they even been for sale yet as "older" backs? I dont think the new backs are worth it for me because I dont want to drop 15k on a back that I am still not entirely happy with. my main issue is that the lowest asa is 100 and with the 1/125 flash synch of the contax i would be making some serious concessions from swithching over from my canon 1dsmkII (1/250 and 50 asa). It would be cool if Phase could lower the asa witha firmware update but not sure if that kinda thing is possible.

please dont suggest the ZD!
thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120800\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

marcwilson

• http://www.marcwilson.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:30 am »

refurbished P21, P30 etc are available in London at teamwork if that is any good for you.

marc
www.marcwilson.co.uk [url=http://www.mar

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:31 am »

We are starting to see a few pre-owned backs come in to our stock.  Are you only looking at the P21 and P30?

Thank you,

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

yodelyo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 12:52:50 am »

We are starting to see a few pre-owned backs come in to our stock.  Are you only looking at the P21 and P30?
Thank you,

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121062\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

YES, only P21 and P30 because of my budget.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 02:13:59 am »

Its funny that low ISO is rarely mentioned as a positive which with flash it can be a life saver IMO

My Emoption22 has 25 ISO and phases p25 are 50 if I am not mistaken

Might change you thinking about which back..

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:30 am »

I have one client in mind that may want to upgrade her P21 Contax.  I'll contact her and see if she would like to do the upgrade soon.  Finding a P30 may be rather difficult.  Most P30 owners really love them!

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:07 am »

Quote from:     Most P30 owners really love them!

[/quote

YEAH BABY    

yodelyo

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »

cool, I heard my buddy just got a P21 for $6500 because the seller was only gonna get $6000 for trade-in. maybe some deals are gonna appear now that everyone wants the plus back.

yodelyo

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55:30 pm »

I have one client in mind that may want to upgrade her P21 Contax.  I'll contact her and see if she would like to do the upgrade soon.  Finding a P30 may be rather difficult.  Most P30 owners really love them!

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:34:03 am by yodelyo »

yodelyo

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 02:01:54 pm »

cool, I heard my buddy just got a P21 for $6500 because the seller was only gonna get $6000 for trade-in. maybe some deals are gonna appear now that everyone wants the plus back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121497\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

just had another friend who bought a demo P21 for $9000, which is looking like the norm, the guy who paid $6500 got lucky I am guessing. Any news on how much the used/refurb/demo P30s for Contax are going for? I ahve been searching around alot but it feels like it is still too early as many of the Phase users who traded up to the plus series are still waiting for their new backs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up