Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas media  (Read 2130 times)

meierm01

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
Canvas media
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:21:10 pm »

I am in need of printing some work on canvas media.  Does anyone have any direct experience using canvas on the Z3100?  I would appreciate some recommendations.

Regards,
Mark
Logged

EvoM

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 124
Canvas media
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:16:55 am »

Hi, I've used the HP Artist matte canvas 42 inch with good detail and colour after profilling. I think it automatically disables the cutter but just to be sure, I use the button in the driver to disable it too. The built in cutter cant cut it (excuse the pun!). You have to manually cut it. I just used scirrors and used the leading edge on the printer as a guide to keep it straight.

Loads back in for me but you have to make sure it's a straight 90 degrees cut!

cheers, Evo

Now gallery wrapping is a nother story!
Logged

Ernst Dinkla

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4036
Canvas media
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:32:31 am »

Quote
I am in need of printing some work on canvas media.  Does anyone have any direct experience using canvas on the Z3100?  I would appreciate some recommendations.

Regards,
Mark
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works, that's all I can say. Used HP's Pro Matte Canvas and Magiclee's Torino 17 M (custom profile) and they both work well. Cutter will not work as long as you select a canvas media choice. Spray coating with Lascaux and one similar water based acrylics was good, no yellowing like I have had with other inks and canvas choices. Good Dmax.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Logged

marcsitkin

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 126
    • marcsitkinphotography
Canvas media
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:58 am »

I've used Breathing Colors canvas in the Z with good results.

Marc Sitkin
Logged
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum
Pages: [1]   Go Up