Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: slight banding- z3100 B&W HP pro Sat  (Read 2356 times)

ricgal

slight banding- z3100 B&W HP pro Sat
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:55:18 am »

I amdoing 4ft prints for a client and it is getting expensive as very very slight banding is occurring in large areas of continuous tone-  I am on Max qual for everything in custom settings-  B4 i throw good money after bad will  setting 'more passes' and or the new firmware 50002 help?
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:19:38 pm »

Have you gone to image diagnostics page and run the test pattern to see if 1) you get banding on any of the colours, and 2) if you have any/many clogged jets?  Before doing anything else I think this is the 1st step.

If you see banding or excessive loss of jets then clean the head(s), and if auto doesn't work then pull the head and use a damp coffee filter to manully clean.  

I had this problem with MK on matt paper and it eliminated the problem completely.  The same head has been running fine since mid feb or so.

Good luck,

mike

ricgal

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:04:41 pm »

Have you gone to image diagnostics page and run the test pattern to see if 1) you get banding on any of the colours, and 2) if you have any/many clogged jets?  Before doing anything else I think this is the 1st step.

If you see banding or excessive loss of jets then clean the head(s), and if auto doesn't work then pull the head and use a damp coffee filter to manully clean. 

I had this problem with MK on matt paper and it eliminated the problem completely.  The same head has been running fine since mid feb or so.

Good luck,

mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks i will do!!!!!
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »

Thanks i will do!!!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118405\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had the same problem, thought it might have been head alignment, ran the diagnostic print page, turned out to be clogged heads - had to replace three in the end.

Good luck
Neal
www.photorestoration.co.nz
Pages: [1]   Go Up