Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Firmware for Z3100  (Read 53475 times)

Roscolo

NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2007, 05:10:55 pm »

I don't know. Everything seems to be working fine. I think it's just the name of the printer...When I click right click on "HP Designjet Z3100 44in Photo PCL3" under "Printers & Faxes" and check "Properties", under Model, it says "HP Designjet Z3100 44in Photo."

Can you double check this and right click on the one you have that says PCL3 and confirm?

I think when you update the driver it just renames the Printer.

It's calibrating now and working fine.

rdonson

NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2007, 05:16:05 pm »

I don't know. Everything seems to be working fine. I think it's just the name of the printer...When I click right click on "HP Designjet Z3100 44in Photo PCL3" under "Printers & Faxes" and check "Properties", under Model, it says "HP Designjet Z3100 44in Photo."

Can you double check this and right click on the one you have that says PCL3 and confirm?

I think when you update the driver it just renames the Printer.

It's calibrating now and working fine.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118610\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're right.  I can't see any difference in the driver whether I look at the regular one or the one with the PCL3 moniker.
Regards,
Ron

Roscolo

NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2007, 05:17:27 pm »

Thanks for the help. It took a few tries on the driver update, so if everything is working I kind of just want to leave things alone. Thanks again  

rdonson

NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2007, 05:22:21 pm »

Thanks for the help. It took a few tries on the driver update, so if everything is working I kind of just want to leave things alone. Thanks again 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm with you.  I had to reboot about five times for the driver to finally install properly.  I'm hoping this driver and firmware hold us for a good long time.  I'm not looking forward to going through this again.

I just want to enjoy making great prints.  
Regards,
Ron

mjgakatr

NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2007, 07:41:55 am »

As noted in this thread I have updated to the latest firmware and driver for my 44" z3100.

Has anyone else been trying to use Qimage to make prints?  With this new driver, any changes I make to the printer properties (i.e. paper type, quality, etc) do not stick and always defaults back to the original settings.  I have tried in Photoshop CS3 as well and changes made there do stick so this seems to be a Qimage specific issue.

Anyone else seeing this or better yet, seen it and figured out how to fix it?

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
NEW Firmware for Z3100
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2007, 08:19:54 am »

I'm using Qimage and I didn't see the problem yesterday when I was printing (I had to reset my print conditions, but then made 2 prints).  I'll reconfirm this on Thursday though, I won't be home until then.

One strange thing is that on both prints I got a windows dialog "speech" box come up saying that the document failed to print.  Both printed fine so I don't know what made that happen.  Another thing to check.

Mike
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up