Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation  (Read 2732 times)

Mary K

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:54:25 pm »

I have downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware upgrade for my HP Z3100 printer, but I cannot find any information about how to install the firmware.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Mary
Logged
Mary Konchar

Jim Cole

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 377
    • Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:06:51 pm »

Hi Mary,

Open up HP Easy Printer care and then go to the Support Tab. Click on the Update Firmware icon and off you go.

Make sure your unzipped file has a .fmw extension.

Wake up your printer and unload any paper that may be loaded before you start.

Good luck,
Jim
Logged
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Charlesu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:41:28 pm »

Quote
I have downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware upgrade for my HP Z3100 printer, but I cannot find any information about how to install the firmware.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Mary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you are connected via ethernet, open your browser to your printers IP address.  You will see a screen with three tabs.  Open the middle one (setup) and click on the update firmware button under maintenance (on the left).
Logged

Mary K

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:42:26 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick response -- I've been searching all over the Internet, as well as the HP site for that information.  I've crossed my fingers, and I'm going to give it a spin.

Mary
Logged
Mary Konchar

Mary K

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:23:25 pm »

Success -- I now have the latest firmware!  This forum is great.

Mary
Logged
Mary Konchar
Pages: [1]   Go Up