Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your epson 4800 pause during printing ?  (Read 2929 times)

newhill

Does your epson 4800 pause during printing ?
« on: May 04, 2007, 06:32:02 am »

Hi, I tried searching for this but did not find anything.  Please can anyone help.   I have an epson 4800 which I have had for just over a year.  Recently I have tried to print an image with an almost black background and have come across a problem.  After printing about 1/4 of the image the print head goes back to the park position for a few seconds and makes noises like it does when power cleaning it then continues and completes the print.  Display panel is normal and pc gets no errors.  Where the "pause" happens I am finding a slight change in the dark background, it gets slightly lighter then darker then lighter again.  You can see this very slight change which shows as a dark band.  It happens on different papers and on different sizes of paper but always in the same place on the image.  I have done nozzle checks fine, power clean and normal clean and now I am stuck.  On most images you cannot tell any difference, it is just this very dark background that is driving me nuts!  If you have a 4800 does it pause or is it just mine ?  I have upgraded to latest firmware for printer and latest driver.  I am running xp pro with the printer connected by usb.  I have tried other connections and they seem to  make no difference.  I have tried reducing ink density, unidirectional print and again no difference, it always pauses.  I have also tried different images and both from cs2 and lightroom and using both paper profile from pc and letting printer manage.  All make no difference!

Please can anyone enlighten me, it is driving me most nuts!  For all I know it has always done this but I have never noticed because it only shows on prints with this very dark background.  Apart from this I really like the printer!

yours in frustration!

Richard

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:23 am »

Please can anyone enlighten me, it is driving me most nuts!  For all I know it has always done this but I have never noticed because it only shows on prints with this very dark background.  Apart from this I really like the printer!

yours in frustration!

Richard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115665\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mine does not do this.  I wonder if it's starving for data?  Do you notice any drive activity during the pauses?

Peter

newhill

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:24:54 pm »

Mine does not do this.  I wonder if it's starving for data?  Do you notice any drive activity during the pauses?

Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115685\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Peter, I can now continue my pursuit knowing it is my setup and not the printer!  I will check for disc activity.

Richard

p.tinson

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 02:00:31 pm »

If the problem is in your set up you may like to try the following.
In the properties of the driver under the advanced tab uncheck "Enable advanced printing features" and also check "Start printing after last page is spooled".
This will delay the start of printing but will prefent any disk contension of the spool file between the spooling and printing.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up