Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Unblockable Printer Heads on Z3100  (Read 2747 times)

namartinnz

First Unblockable Printer Heads on Z3100
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:36:13 pm »

I've had my 44" z3100 for about 2 months now - not what I'd consider myself a heavy user. Running prints yesterday I noticed some faint streaking in the darker areas. Did a diagnostic print, showed the PE-G and PK/LG heads were badly clogged. After doing a normal head clean there was no improvement. Taking the heads out and cleaning them proved no more effective either.

After doing this a few times and wasting plenty of time and paper getting to the bottom of the problem, looks like I'll have to get a couple of new printer heads. Not good considering the PE & Grey inks were down to 10% on the first carts.

As for any other cause, I have considered the possibilty that a lifted portion of a canvas sheet feed caused a head jam the week before, the nozzles may have been affected then, and got worse as time went by.

Neal
www.photorestoration.co.nz

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 05:15:34 pm »

Neal,
 Did you turn the printer off over night?
I have the same problem after turn it off over for 24 hours or so.

Thanks

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

alindley

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 05:22:04 pm »

Hey you guys/gals. You should never turn the Z 3100 printer completely off.  Only off from the front not from the back nor from a power strip.  The pigmented inks that the Z 3100 and Z 2100 use require the printer to do periodic self maintenance.  While this does not always include spitting it does involve periodically moving the print heads to "stir up" the pigmented inks.  If you turn it off from the back or a power strip the maintenance cycle will not occur and the pigments in the inks can settle resulting in possible clogged nozzles.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:22:23 pm by alindley »

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

Neal,
 Did you turn the printer off over night?
I have the same problem after turn it off over for 24 hours or so.

Thanks

BlasR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115399\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No BlasR I leave it on all the time. I just called my supplier this morning and they said I have a very good claim to have them replaced under warranty, as the heads have had so little use in the time I've had it. Makes me feel better.

Neal
www.photorestoration.co.nz

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:37 pm »

Ali,
I turn it off only one time do the problem of the sensor of the paper feeder.
thank you for your infomation.
Neal, good luck
BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Recked

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:32:34 pm »

Hello,

You will excuse my question, but why would we be forced to leave a printer on all the time. For those of us in older buildings who are concerned about fire it makes little sense not to mention the waste of energy.

I have had my 3100 for a few months now and to date haven't had a great deal of time to give to printing, but when I have needed/wanted to print I fire the machine up and print. I haven't had any clogging issues.

Just my two cents.....

Roscolo

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 05:35:36 pm »

Hello,

You will excuse my question, but why would we be forced to leave a printer on all the time. For those of us in older buildings who are concerned about fire it makes little sense not to mention the waste of energy.

I have had my 3100 for a few months now and to date haven't had a great deal of time to give to printing, but when I have needed/wanted to print I fire the machine up and print. I haven't had any clogging issues.

Just my two cents.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115554\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I understand the printer only uses 26watts when it is on and not printing...a negligible use of power. And the expense of the power is certainly negligible to having to deal with any clogging. I purchased the z3100 because I was tired of my cloggy Epson...a real pain.

I don't think there is any fire risk.

That's great if you are able to turn the printer off, but I would do as HP advises and leave it on. A few pennies a month for relatively worry-free operation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up