Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing PSD files into Lightroom  (Read 1791 times)

Gidders

Importing PSD files into Lightroom
« on: April 23, 2007, 01:21:34 pm »

Since PS7 I've always turned off the "maximise backwards compatability" option in the Photoshop file handling menu because this keeps the file size down for multilayered PSD files and therefore saves hard drive space.

I'm now trying Lightroom and it will not import these files and its documented that PSD files need to be saved with maximise backwards compatability switched on. OK I've switched it on in the file handing menu and I now want to resave all my previous PSDs with maximised compatability - I just dont want to do it one file at a time  

I can use a search in Bridge to find all my *.psd files, I can write an action to open, save as and close each one and then batch process all the files specifying a separate new folder as the destination folder, creating copies of each file.

Or I can select each folder individually, find the *.psd files in that folder and then use the action on that folder, specifiying the same folder as the destination folder, which then overwrites the original file. But I would still have a lot of folders to go through

So what I want to do is have a batch process that works on the whole of my library at once and resaves each file in the original location overwriting the original file  

Anyone any ideas

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'] Gidders[/span]
Pages: [1]   Go Up