Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographers Direct ??  (Read 6023 times)

wynpotter

Photographers Direct ??
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:53 pm »

As a way of marketing, large stock agencies are hard to crack. This company allows you to set the selling price and terms. They recieve 20% commison on the sale. they also have emails from buyers for spec shots.
The question is, how good are they, do they get the biz andhow are they to deal with on money and all other  matters.
Does anyone have some feedback on them
I looked on the other parts of this forum but found no threads yet. The article on micro payment and alternatives is one of the recent topics on the main LL page

KolinP

• Colin S. Pearson's Photography
Photographers Direct ??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:48:31 pm »

Hi Wyn,

You'll find a fair few comments about Photographers Direct (PD) from photographers who DO use PD and other agencies, spanning the past two years or so, on this UK Forum called  StockAgencyForum-

http://www.stockagencyforum.com/

I'm not with PD myself (I use a couple of other agencies), and - although I'm a member of that Forum - I'll let the other chaps speak for themselves rather than paraphrase them. I trust you'll accept that  

To see the "Agencies" thread and discussions on that Forum you'll need to register, but it's the usual straightforward e-mail-acknowledgement registration scheme.

It's a familiar phpBB-based Forum and its Search tool works well.

Hope that helps,
Colin
Shrink the world ... share what you know
Pages: [1]   Go Up