Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Approaching Large Fromat by LF or stitching,  (Read 2126 times)

med007

• http://www.openphotographyforums.com
Approaching Large Fromat by LF or stitching,
« on: April 10, 2007, 05:43:19 pm »

Will Thompson and I have been looking at different approaches to taking pictures of a large train. So we spent an hourafter the park closed to try out a few alternatives.
  • We started with an 8x10 Calumet C1 metal view camera with Polaroid B&W film.
  • Then we added a series of hand held shots in a right to left single row, using about 10 shots to cover the train
  • and last we tried out a prototype of a 5 row stitching back that fits the Graflok slot of a Toyo Plastic-Carbon fiber 4x5 camera on a tropod.
The results can be seen here .

I'd like to get a very sturdy platform for the 5 row stitcher, so I may use the Calumet 8x10 with a 4x5 reducing back.

Anyway, it sure makes a large file!

Asher
[span style='color:blue'][url=http://www

AJSJones

Approaching Large Fromat by LF or stitching,
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:07:13 pm »

Will Thompson and I have been looking at different approaches to taking pictures of a large train. So we spent an hourafter the park closed to try out a few alternatives.
  • We started with an 8x10 Calumet C1 metal view camera with Polaroid B&W film.

• Then we added a series of hand held shots in a right to left single row, using about 10 shots to cover the train

• and last we tried out a prototype of a 5 row stitching back that fits the Graflok slot of a Toyo Plastic-Carbon fiber 4x5 camera on a tropod.
The results can be seen here .

I'd like to get a very sturdy platform for the 5 row stitcher, so I may use the Calumet 8x10 with a 4x5 reducing back.

Anyway, it sure makes a large file!

Asher
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried a demo of AutoPanoPro and was quite impressed.
How was the image acquired with the "5 row stitching back" (what camera, how set up etc? Or are the details deliberately omitted while its development continues  ) any links or continuing suspense???
Pages: [1]   Go Up