Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 82mm filter choices (for 16-35LII)  (Read 1893 times)

Khurram

82mm filter choices (for 16-35LII)
« on: March 24, 2007, 05:59:27 pm »

Does anyone have any advice on some decent 82mm filters for this lens.  i have pre-ordered this lens and just ordered the 82mm Lee adapter for this lens.  However, I have been unable to find any 82mm Hoya Pro 1 Skylight filters anywhere.

Another option I considered was looking into the new Rodenstock HR filters that were introduced at PMA, but have not been able to find anyone who carries the new filters (or Rodenstock filters for that matter).

I did check with Singh-Ray and they are planning on adding 82mm filters to some of their filter line and will most likely purchase the LB color combo polarizer and possibly the LB warming polarizer.  

However, for my general use Skylight and UV filters I prefer Hoya since they have have thinner mount for wide angle lenses, but still have front filter threads to accept the Lee filter hood (so that I can use my ND grads).

B+W and heliopan and Singh-Ray do make thin mount filters, but Hoya is the only one I know of that has front filter threads.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:01:28 pm »

From experience with a 1.6X body you can use a 82-77mm step down filter and not notice it's there. With a 1.3X crop it would be interesting to find out. Of course FF is out by definition.

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:38:48 pm »

From experience with a 1.6X body you can use a 82-77mm step down filter and not notice it's there. With a 1.3X crop it would be interesting to find out. Of course FF is out by definition.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108509\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i doubt if a step down would work.  I found that with my old 16-35L at 16-17mm i would get vignetting with a regular polarizer when shooting with the 1D2N.

If i used the Hoya Pro1UV filter and attached the Lee wide angle hood (to use Grad ND's), i would get vignetting from 16-21mm.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog
Pages: [1]   Go Up