Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Settings - How Much Ink?  (Read 1859 times)

thinkworksdan

Media Settings - How Much Ink?
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:01:41 pm »

I really appreciate finding this group, such a wealth of knowledge.  Does anyone have a breakdown of the media settings, and the amount of ink each allows the printer to put down?  In my case, I'm in an OSX/Epson9600/UC/matte environment.  I am trying to print for a client on translucent polyester sheets.  am having two problems, one is an annoying blue to green shift that I've never encountered before, and the other is the tendency of the machine to put down way too much ink.  I've reduced the opacity of the original (I'm not after saturated color here, anyway.)  I have tried a few different media settings, and it does seem to affect how much ink goes down (as I imagine it should.)  I read somewhere that the glossy media setting puts down the least amount of ink.  Epson, with print driver 1.9, won't allow a glossy media setting, because I'm using matte black.  So, I'm trying to figure out the next best option.  What I would really love to see is a breakdown of each of the media settings, and some type of measurement or ranking of them based on how much or how little ink is deposited.  Am I crazy to want this information?  Can anyone share it with me?  

thanks in advance,

newbie Dan

zirmedien

• http://www.zirbes.de
Media Settings - How Much Ink?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:53:37 am »

What I would really love to see is a breakdown of each of the media settings, and some type of measurement or ranking of them based on how much or how little ink is deposited.  Am I crazy to want this information?  Can anyone share it with me? 

thanks in advance,

newbie Dan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hallo!
Choose a media setting (original epson material - synthetic paper for example) which comes close to your material. In  "advanced settings" (resultion, colormanagement etc) choose "paper config". There's a slider "Color Density" which allows to reduce the total amount of ink without changing colors. Try about -25%.

Good Luck
Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up