Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Tutorial feedback  (Read 3641 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Lightroom Tutorial feedback
« on: March 18, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »

After lurking for years and finally joining LL forums a few months back, I felt it was time to give something back to Mr Reichmann. The LR Tutorial came at the perfect timing for me.

First of all, I'd like to commend Mr Reichmann et al for choosing an unencumbered (non-DRMd) video format. This means I don't have to worry about yet another media file breaking the minute I buy a new computer. This combined with the possibility of downloading - I have enough clutter as it is on my bookshelf, and shipping to the Old World is costly - and quite competitive pricing is a winning formula. I hope you continue providing video journals in downloadable format.

As for the video itself, shooting and editing is done really well. I like the candid banter and the loosely scripted format; it gives the tutorial much more soul than the typical dry tutorial videos one finds elsewhere. There is enough information even for those of us who did take part in the beta, like I did. In the end, I look forward to other, similar products.

So, thank you for Mr Reichmann and Mr Schewe and whoever else was involved (no credits in the videos). You continue to give to the community via LL, and I hope my modest contribution helps. I look forward to joining one of your expeditions in a year or two - can we have Africa or (South) East Asia

michael

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:24:55 pm »

Thanks feppe....

We enjoyed making the tutorial, as you can tell, and lots of the credit has to go to director / cameraman / editor Chris Sanderson.

I am planning a Botswana Expedition / Workshop for September 2008. Watch for an announcement son.

Michael

jwhee0615

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:10:04 pm »

I have to agree 100%! Best photography web site on the net in my oppinion and I have learned a great deal from it and Michael. Making the LLVJ available via download is the greatest thing since sliced bread but I have to keep leaning on you Michael to get the capacity to DL it in all its HD glory.  Isnt there a way we can have a taste without bringing your server to it's knees?

Thanks feppe....

We enjoyed making the tutorial, as you can tell, and lots of the credit has to go to director / cameraman / editor Chris Sanderson.

I am planning a Botswana Expedition / Workshop for September 2008. Watch for an announcement son.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107348\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up