Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus SP-550 UZ  (Read 2246 times)

zokiii

Olympus SP-550 UZ
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:10:10 pm »

Hi,

did someone bought Olympus SP-550 UZ and what are your opinions about that camera ?

rogerjporter

Olympus SP-550 UZ
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:37:24 am »

i just shot with it today for the first time, and i haven't sifted through the images too carefully, but they seem to look ok.  my first observation is in bright sunlight not only could i not see the lcd, but the viewfinder was rather washed out looking also.  i composed as best i could, and hoped for the best on the focus.  looking at the images, the well exposed ones seem relatively sharp and show little noise (i used the auto settings mostly for the first outing).  the shadows have as much noise as you would expect for a point and shoot, and the sharpness is really not that great.  i used the widest aperture possible on some of the shots (2.8 on some) and some of the images that i thought were shallow focus seem to be just plain out of focus when you get up close to them.   i was city shooting also, and with the lens out all the way (18x) it picked up a lot of atmospheric haze (nearby freeway).   i will shoot some more shots this weekend, but my initial response is lukewarm.  maybe the raw files will work better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up