Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit Copy - Backup Workflow  (Read 1969 times)

mikecookson

Edit Copy - Backup Workflow
« on: March 08, 2007, 03:46:44 pm »

When you use the 'edit in photoshop cs2' option, lightroom creates a copy of the file you are to edit in the same directory as the original file. This also lets you take advantage of stacks. So far so good - but my question is how to amend an established workflow as below.

At present, I save RAW files into 4gb folders and then burn the folder contents to DVD. As lightroom now adds copy files to those folders, it means that files may be added to the folder after burning.  It is not easy to keep track of such changes especially with 10,000+ images in many folders. This means I run the risk of not having a backup copy of each file on DVD.

Whilst I understand that I can use lightroom to move the copy files to a new folder, say called 'processed', which I can then burn as necessary, it would seem that I then lose the advantage of stacks and will end up with multiple versions of the same image showing as separate thumbnails.

I guess that this is just something I have to live with - unless anyone out there has some elegant work around?

Thanks

Lightseeker

mikecookson

Edit Copy - Backup Workflow
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:24:50 pm »

Maybe it's unusual to post an answer to my own question but I've now found a related post from John Beardy that gives me the answer - which is to use the export function tailored to my requirement - see this comment
Pages: [1]   Go Up