Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial CORRECTIONS & COMMENTS  (Read 3348 times)

paulbk

Tutorial CORRECTIONS & COMMENTS
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:47:33 am »

Re: Library module Tut.,
At one point Jeff renames a Folder in the Library module. Michael questions whether renaming the Folder in Lightroom actually renames the Folder on the hard drive. Jeff answers yes.

It does not work that way in my XP Pro. Yes, you can rename a Folder in the Library module. However, it does not rename the Folder on the hard drive.
XP users be advised.
Comments?

p
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:50:08 am by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA

alfin

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:56:47 am »

Re: Library module Tut.,
At one point Jeff renames a Folder in the Library module. Michael questions whether renaming the Folder in Lightroom actually renames the Folder on the hard drive. Jeff answers yes.

It does not work that way in my XP Pro. Yes, you can rename a Folder in the Library module. However, it does not rename the Folder on the hard drive.
XP users be advised.
Comments?

p
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102987\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In my Win XP Pro SP2 the folders rename on the disc when renamed in LR.
Lars Mollerstrom

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:06:35 pm »

In my Win XP Pro SP2 the folders rename on the disc when renamed in LR.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102988\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Weird. I don’t know what to say......? It doesn’t work that way in my XP Pro fully updated per Microsoft. Maybe it’s my virus protect?? But I get no alerts or warning dialogs.

Are you using Lightroom v1.0 or Beta.....? Are you using a registered copy of LR?
I get a message in Lightroom that says:

"NOTE: This name will only be visible in Lightroom. To change the name of a top-level folder on disk, please use Windows Explorer to rename the folder, then use the "Locate Missing Folder" command to reconnect the folder if necessary."
p
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:16:29 pm by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA

alfin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24:35 pm »

Weird. I don’t know what to say......? It doesn’t work that way in my XP Pro fully updated per Microsoft. Maybe it’s my virus protect?? But I get no alerts or warning dialogs.

Are you using Lightroom v1.0 or Beta.....? Are you using a registered copy of LR?
I get a message in Lightroom that says:

"NOTE: This name will only be visible in Lightroom. To change the name of a top-level folder on disk, please use Windows Explorer to rename the folder, then use the "Locate Missing Folder" command to reconnect the folder if necessary."
p
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102995\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use a registered ver 1, but I have no top-level folder imported, so that's why all my folders can be renamed.
Lars Mollerstrom

paulbk

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 12:27:14 pm »

I use a registered ver 1, but I have no top-level folder imported, so that's why all my folders can be renamed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We've learned something. Let's keep this thread updated with whatever else we find. Thanks for getting back.

btw.... I think Lightroom has a VERY bright future. The team nailed it! For a version 1.0 can't really compain about anything. While there's always room for refinement, don't want to give it feature-itus.

paul
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:53:56 pm by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up