Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit Capture Date  (Read 2404 times)

law p

Edit Capture Date
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:46:46 am »

Hi,
  I have been unable to change the capture date of my scanned images (.tif).
  However, I have been able to change the capture date of my raw canon images (.CR2)

Has anyone else been able to change the capture date of scanned images?  If so, where am I going wrong?

I'm using LR 1.0 on a Mac

judyn

Edit Capture Date
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:31:42 pm »

As far as I can tell, you cannot.   If the date existed, you can.  Otherwise... You might try Metadata/Edit Capture Time.  It doesn't work for me.  

I am about to start on a project of changing the capture date time and digitized date time with exifer, then doing Metadata / XMP / Import XMP Metadata from File.  I've done a test and I think it will work for me.  My files are jpegs.  

If you have already tagged in Lightroom you may have a problem.  I also cannot get Lightroom to write out the tags in place (only if I use EXPORT).  It seems to write but when I check the tags outside of Lightroom, they are not in the files.  If the field is empty maybe you will be OK.  Alas, mine had been tagged in Elements 5 so I think I will lose any changes.  I'm willing to go backward for a huge step forward though, by  having the capture time correct and even the digitized time entered in the files.  

I can't wait for updates to Lightroom that might help us do what we need to do.  They must have tested it only with digital camera data.  I have that too, but my current project is scanning in our rapidly degrading slides.

Hi,
  I have been unable to change the capture date of my scanned images (.tif).
  However, I have been able to change the capture date of my raw canon images (.CR2)

Has anyone else been able to change the capture date of scanned images?  If so, where am I going wrong?
  I'm using LR 1.0 on a Mac
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102616\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

law p

Edit Capture Date
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:03:34 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation.  I agree with your supposition that Adobe tested their Metadata > Change Capture Date on digital images and not scans.  I hope updates fix this.  Is there a way to tell Adobe about this issue?

As far as I can tell, you cannot.   If the date existed, you can.  Otherwise... You might try Metadata/Edit Capture Time.  It doesn't work for me. 

I am about to start on a project of changing the capture date time and digitized date time with exifer, then doing Metadata / XMP / Import XMP Metadata from File.  I've done a test and I think it will work for me.  My files are jpegs. 

If you have already tagged in Lightroom you may have a problem.  I also cannot get Lightroom to write out the tags in place (only if I use EXPORT).  It seems to write but when I check the tags outside of Lightroom, they are not in the files.  If the field is empty maybe you will be OK.  Alas, mine had been tagged in Elements 5 so I think I will lose any changes.  I'm willing to go backward for a huge step forward though, by  having the capture time correct and even the digitized time entered in the files. 

I can't wait for updates to Lightroom that might help us do what we need to do.  They must have tested it only with digital camera data.  I have that too, but my current project is scanning in our rapidly degrading slides.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

judyn

Edit Capture Date
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:05:43 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation.  I agree with your supposition that Adobe tested their Metadata > Change Capture Date on digital images and not scans.  I hope updates fix this.  Is there a way to tell Adobe about this issue?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103319\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't know.  It's been discussed quite a lot in the Adobe forum and I think they are collecting bugs there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up