Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 1.0...keeps crashing  (Read 3277 times)

jdee

LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:22:52 am »

Hi,

I just downloaded LR 1.0 after using the beta for a little while.  The program overall is much faster and the added features are great but...

...it keeps crashing on me.  I decided to reimport my pictures for 1.0 because I wanted to fix up the file structure anyway for a fresh start.  I've been trying to import about 4,000 pictures at a time and have had nothing but problems.  The first 1,000 pictures I imported went smoothly so as I started to import the second batch as I was keywording the first imported batch.  I had a few crashes so I decided that I would completely delete the half imported batch, try again, and not touch the program at all.  I went to sleep and in the morning it was still only 75% imported.  8 hours seems like a pretty long time to import 4,000 photos  

Does anyone have suggestions or similar experience?  BTW, I'm running LR on a windows XP machine with 2 gigs of ram and an AMD 4200 dual core.

Thanks!
Justin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:23:25 am by jdee »

englishm

• http://www.pacificlight.ca
LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:17:46 pm »

Afraid I can't help with your problems.  I have to add though that I am having serious problems that are likely related.  I successfully imported ~4500 images, but can't export jpegs, or transfer an image to PS (CS2 or CS3), and it won't import images from a card reader.  In all cases it just effectively hangs.  The progress meter in the upper left says it's working away, but nothing happens... even after a half hour or so.  Windows Task Manager says it's responding and it is consuming reasonable amounts of CPU... but nothing happens.  Very frustrating... the beta was better than this.
Mark English
[url=http://www.pacificligh

jdee

LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 09:47:56 am »

Still no luck.  I uninstalled the program, including the database, hidden folders and anything else I could find and reinstalled.  I tried importing a different fold this time as well.  It zips along when the importing first starts, but after about 1000 images it slows to a halt and imports about 1 photo every 10 seconds.  

At this point I've pretty much given up.  I've heard similar complaints over at dpreview.com but no one seems to have come up with a solution yet.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:48:40 am by jdee »

tmusante

• http://www.tommusante.com
LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:30:38 pm »

I've imported just under 12,000 images in batches ranging from 1,000 to 5,000 at a time. The only time it was very very slow was the one batch I had it pre-render the thumbnails for - took about twenty or thirty minutes or so. Files were a mix of JPEG and RAW formats.

DavidJ

• http://www.pistyllphoto.org.uk
LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 01:58:40 pm »

Has worked fine importing  off disk but hangs and then stops responding if I try to import from a CF card reader. There is a page on Adobes web site about steps to take if it crashes but they seem pretty draconian as they basically suggest turning off everything else the computer is running.

David
David Allen

PicDaddy

LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 08:45:38 pm »

I too have been experiencing the Lightroom Not Responding issue.  I am running LR 1.0 on a Windows XP SP2 machine with 2 Gigs Ram and a good processor.   I have important only 1,000 pics or so, but for some reason in the middle of a session it just starts locking up.

I *really* wanted love this program.  I like the UI and while it is missing a few minor features, it is really a good program, but until this gets addressed -- i.e. LR 2.0 -- I am going back to Bridge/ACR.   Sigh.

convergent

LR 1.0...keeps crashing
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 09:56:37 pm »

I too have been experiencing the Lightroom Not Responding issue.  I am running LR 1.0 on a Windows XP SP2 machine with 2 Gigs Ram and a good processor.   I have important only 1,000 pics or so, but for some reason in the middle of a session it just starts locking up.

I *really* wanted love this program.  I like the UI and while it is missing a few minor features, it is really a good program, but until this gets addressed -- i.e. LR 2.0 -- I am going back to Bridge/ACR.   Sigh.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108665\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is most likely something on your machine that is causing this.  I have a similar environment and its been running fine for me... have about 13k images in the database.  I am on a Core2Duo XP box with 2G of ram.  I have 100% of my images on a NAS box over a GigaE network, and the database on a SATA drive other than C:.  Try to make sure you have everything else turned off on the machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up