Rob,
Your (and mine) iPhone produces 48 Mpx files only with 13, 24, and 100mm lenses and in non-night mode. All others are 12 Mpx (28mm and 35mm are simply cropped from 24mm and thus have less Mpx).
Hi Slobodan,
The thing is, the main attraction for me in the new ‘phone was, and certainly is turning out to be, the 100mm lens. Despite my early scepticism and mental reservations, that optic is a delight.
I used it before lunch, set to the 200mm position, and it gives me 12mp, 4032 x 3024, and in the case of a stolen portrait, 1.8 MB. Cropped down to about a third of its area, it still offers me a lot of pleasure factor, bearing in mind what the style of image is all about. Would I make an A3+ of it if I still had a printer? Nope; its a different genre/space experience: my iPad.
I must say, despite the higher harshness than the little 13 Mini, I’m loving it to bits!
Below, the snap in question. Shot in a mirror...
As an afterthought: using the 13 Mini is similar to stepping back to the Nikon F, where the 17 feels a lot less mobile, and more a version of the Hassy 500 series. Not nearly as nimble.