Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Morocco 2  (Read 1429 times)

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Morocco 2
« on: April 03, 2026, 01:37:51 pm »

I’ve started a new thread here, Morocco 2, where I’ll be posting some new images from our latest trip to Morocco in March 2026. Once again Morocco is a source of inspiration and frustration in equal measure, simply the most difficult country we’ve encountered for photographing people, many of whom believe that a photograph can impinge on their soul. The images are shot on and of the streets.


KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2026, 04:19:42 am »

Another alternative capture of the same subject, this one titled Catnaps.

I think I prefer this the second capture as it tells more of a story but I'd love to hear opinions of others here.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2026, 04:46:14 am by KLaban »
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2026, 05:38:29 am »

Superb and I like them both although I have a slight preference for the second one. With the first version, I feel like you're hidden behind the palm tree and try to get the shot. The attitude of the man in the second one is also more appropriate (I lack a better word here - sorry).

Anyway, bravo for both versions, Keith.
Logged
Francois

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2026, 06:16:44 am »

Superb and I like them both although I have a slight preference for the second one. With the first version, I feel like you're hidden behind the palm tree and try to get the shot. The attitude of the man in the second one is also more appropriate (I lack a better word here - sorry).

Anyway, bravo for both versions, Keith.

Thanks, Francois. I tend to agree with you, I prefer the second shot.

Once again, the small web versions fail to show important details, in this case particularly on the cat.

Cheers.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2026, 11:28:02 am »

You're right, the cat is almost invisible on the posted shots. I tend to "come back" many times on a photo and didn't notice him until my second "visit".
Logged
Francois

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2026, 07:26:34 pm »

Only the shadow knows !
The palms grabbed my eye first, then the caftan.
The cat was holding down the palm shadow !
Logged

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2026, 03:10:44 am »

Only the shadow knows !
The palms grabbed my eye first, then the caftan.
The cat was holding down the palm shadow !

Thanks.

Unfortunately the cat was important to make any sense of my title Catnaps, plural. Perhaps the image really needs to be viewed full size and on a large screen, to appreciate the title? 

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2026, 07:51:22 am »

Perhaps.
To me at least, my first thought was about the relationship/symbolism of the palms and the man with the architecture as a canvas.
The cat is rather well hidden in the tones and coloration.
Logged

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2026, 09:38:19 am »

Perhaps.
To me at least, my first thought was about the relationship/symbolism of the palms and the man with the architecture as a canvas.
The cat is rather well hidden in the tones and coloration.

Yes, perhaps I'm placing too much importance on my rather arbitrary title and need to accept the image as it is and how others see it?

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2026, 09:41:31 am »

i like the title and the vision. i wish the cat was a stronger element in the image.
Logged

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2026, 10:36:44 am »

i like the title and the vision. i wish the cat was a stronger element in the image.

So do I.

Cats, love 'em, but they're so fickle!

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2026, 05:09:35 pm »

Butchery at a Berber market in Morocco.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2026, 04:40:30 am »

Another wonderful shot. I like the men looking left & right. There's also a nice similarity between the color on the wall and the pieces of meat. The hidden hand (on the left) is mysterious.

Well seen and done, again.
Logged
Francois

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2026, 06:17:39 am »

Another wonderful shot. I like the men looking left & right. There's also a nice similarity between the color on the wall and the pieces of meat. The hidden hand (on the left) is mysterious.

Well seen and done, again.

Thanks, francois.

The need for anonymity and stealth in these difficult situations can lead to happy accidents. I have to admit the hand and the string emanating from the mouth of the seated subject were a bonus, unseen until I came to process the file.

Happy days!

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2026, 05:07:03 am »

Ladies in Waiting, Morocco.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2026, 09:36:02 am »

... and that darn cat !  ;D ;)
You may have a series going here....
Logged

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2026, 10:16:22 am »

... and that darn cat !  ;D ;)
You may have a series going here....

They're shady creatures!

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2026, 04:40:13 am »

Yes, the cat is still there ;-)
Logged
Francois

KLaban

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
    • Keith Laban Photography
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2026, 06:49:50 am »

Nosy.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Morocco 2
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2026, 08:00:49 pm »

charming !
Would make a good greeting card .
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up