Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving an Epson 7900  (Read 380 times)

EMay

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Moving an Epson 7900
« on: March 12, 2026, 09:41:39 am »

Hi All, I purchased a new printer and need to move my Epson 7900 (purchased in 2011) down a flight of stairs, I'm wondering if I can do this while the ink cartridges are installed. The stairs are 43" wide with a broad landing halfway down. Some tilting with be taking place since it's pretty hard to carry it level. I'm concerned about ink spillage. There are no ink levers in this printer.
Logged

langier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1566
    • Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Moving an Epson 7900
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2026, 12:57:47 am »

I got my 9900 about the same time but mine was second hand...

We rolled it out to my car ink carts and all and it traveled about 130 miles over the Sierra Nevada in winter before four of my friends packed it down the steps for me and I directed their movements.

It survived it all and still prints well today.

Pretty sure your short trip down the stairs won't be an issue with the carts installed, just make sure the head is parked before it's short print and everything should be fine, just don't drop it... ;-)
Logged
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

EMay

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Re: Moving an Epson 7900
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2026, 07:57:44 am »

Thanks for the reply - and yes "don't drop it" ! I emailed Epson about this and their tech said that it can't be tilted more than 20%.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2026, 09:11:38 am by EMay »
Logged

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Moving an Epson 7900
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2026, 08:10:02 pm »

20 % or 20 degrees from horizontal ?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up