Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number  (Read 642 times)

sharadn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 190
HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« on: January 07, 2026, 09:06:34 am »

I posed earlier about my two HZ3200 printers in Switzerland and the US. The US HPZ has been pretty much trouble free except on the last time my maintenance person visited it was locked up and showing the 01.1.10 code. I have had some communication with NRW plotter in Germany: https://plotter-nrw.de/. I bought my second Z3200 from them. They have been super great to deal with and very knowledgeable. They recommended to replace the main PCA and the formatter. As far as I can tell this is also what the manual recommends. I found a PSU plus PCA on Ebay and the listing says that it fits, but the part number is different that the ones listed in the manual.
NEW* HP Q6719-67013 DesignJet Z3200 RevB Main PCA w/ Bender PSU SV Q6719-67015
See the screen shot of the manual part numbers.
I think it will fit and work. Does anyone have experiences with differing HP part number?
I would like to buy this if it would work. My PSU is over 10 years old so I think replacing it would not be a bad idea.
TIA
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2026, 01:18:35 pm »


No idea 🤷

The service manual doesn't get updated to reflect every manufacturing/supply change so it's known to be out-of-data in places.

HP part numbers are also a mess... Attached are the numbers from the service manual v11.0 and v10.0.  Yours appears to be yet another version.

And the actual numbers on my 24" Z3200PS Rev B (Feb 2015) are different yet again: Q6719-60004 on PSU data plate, Q6719-60053 on housing sticker (and more numbers on the Main PCA itself)...

Logged

sportmaster

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2026, 02:54:11 pm »

I think power supplies are interchangable between Rev A and B. 

I had a 44 inch, z3200 Rev. B, and needed a (rev. B) printmech board.  At the time, none were availible, so I used a use a Rev A 44" board with Rev A formatter + HDD.  This made my machine a Rev. A and it's still working fine 5 years later.
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2026, 03:38:44 pm »


I think the PSU might be interchangeable between Rev A and B, but the Main PCA in the assembly is not. At least that's what the service manual indicates... Ref my first screenshot above (from v11.0 manual) which shows one part number for PSU, but different Rev A/B part numbers for PSU+Main PCA assembly.

In this case OP wants a new Main PCA and not a PSU, but they're often sold together anyhow because of the assembly. Faster to just install the whole thing and the included PSU is just a freebie. But ofc it costs quite a bit more than the Main PCA alone.
Logged

sharadn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 190
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2026, 01:38:45 pm »

I bought the one in my initial post, the PSU with the main PCA. I haven’t put it in yet. My PSU is over 10 years old so I figured I would swap out the entire PSU with main PCA and be done with it for another 10 years.
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2026, 10:49:00 am »

I bought the one in my initial post, the PSU with the main PCA. I haven’t put it in yet. My PSU is over 10 years old so I figured I would swap out the entire PSU with main PCA and be done with it for another 10 years.

Good time to add the fan speed mod while you're add it if you don't like the Z3200 PSU's always-full-speed fan.
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=143465.msg1267497#msg1267497
Logged

sharadn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 190
Re: HPZ3200 Power Supply and Main PCA board part number
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2026, 05:10:05 am »

Thank you for the link.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up